iPhone 6(S)(+) iPhone 6 Plus Battery replacement - Current availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustler1337, May 9, 2018.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the current availability and timescale is to replace the iPhone 6 Plus battery under Apple's £25 offer to replace the battery.

I've held off since they announced it as it many users reported long wait times and I'm hoping availability and timescale is much shorter now?

Would be even better if UK users could report on their experience of the current timescale. Also, has the replacement made a noticeable difference to performance?

Thanks ;)

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Apple Says Inventory of All iPhone Replacement Batteries Now Available Without Delay

3. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

4. hamncheeze, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018

hamncheeze macrumors newbie

hamncheeze

I had my battery replaced on my old iPhone 6 a couple months back. Performance is definitely better, my Geekbench numbers for CPU went from

• Original battery Mar 7 single core: 1072 multi-core: 1802
    • New battery Mar 8 single core: 1560 multi-core: 2683
    • Just now single core: 1553 multi-core: 2684

My phone was purchased in Sept 2014 so it was roughly 3.5 years old at battery replacement. Certainly functions better than before, but obviously it's not as snappy as new X or 8. I have noticed since updating to i0S 11.3.1 that my battery life is a bit less. Of course.

5. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Thanks for sharing your experience hamncheeze. Genuinely surprised to read that its actually got a better Geekbench score than when it was released. :eek:

I've booked an Apple Store appointment for Thursday and hoping that they can get it replaced immediately in store instead of having to wait a few hours.

6. hamncheeze macrumors newbie

hamncheeze

My apologies. My first Geekbench score above was the original battery (from Sept 2014) but it was tested just before the battery replacement. I should have been much more clear, I'll edit the post to reflect that. I suspect my original battery when it was new probably tested out to the normal standards.

Regardless, performance of the phone did improve a lot with a fresh battery.

7. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Ah ok, thanks for the correction. Hopefully these numbers translate to real-world difference on mines.