Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hi guys,

Just wondering what the current availability and timescale is to replace the iPhone 6 Plus battery under Apple's £25 offer to replace the battery.

I've held off since they announced it as it many users reported long wait times and I'm hoping availability and timescale is much shorter now?

Would be even better if UK users could report on their experience of the current timescale. Also, has the replacement made a noticeable difference to performance?

Thanks ;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi guys,

Just wondering what the current availability and timescale is to replace the iPhone 6 Plus battery under Apple's £25 offer to replace the battery.

I've held off since they announced it as it many users reported long wait times and I'm hoping availability and timescale is much shorter now?

Would be even better if UK users could report on their experience of the current timescale. Also, has the replacement made a noticeable difference to performance?

Thanks ;)
Apple Says Inventory of All iPhone Replacement Batteries Now Available Without Delay

Reactions: Hustler1337

hamncheeze

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2018
Canada
Yeh just saw that lol. What a coincidence.

Still, would appreciate if anyone could reply regarding if they've seen a noticeable difference in performance after the battery change.

Thanks

I had my battery replaced on my old iPhone 6 a couple months back. Performance is definitely better, my Geekbench numbers for CPU went from

• Original battery Mar 7 single core: 1072 multi-core: 1802
  • New battery Mar 8 single core: 1560 multi-core: 2683
  • Just now single core: 1553 multi-core: 2684

My phone was purchased in Sept 2014 so it was roughly 3.5 years old at battery replacement. Certainly functions better than before, but obviously it's not as snappy as new X or 8. I have noticed since updating to i0S 11.3.1 that my battery life is a bit less. Of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hustler1337

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I had my battery replaced on my old iPhone 6 a couple months back. Performance is definitely better, my Geekbench numbers for CPU went from

• Original Sept 2014 single core: 1072 multi-core: 1802
  • New battery Mar 8 single core: 1560 multi-core: 2683
  • Just now single core: 1553 multi-core: 2684

Certainly functions better than before, but obviously it's not as snappy as new X or 8. I have noticed since updating to i0S 11.3.1 that my battery life is a bit less. Of course.
Thanks for sharing your experience hamncheeze. Genuinely surprised to read that its actually got a better Geekbench score than when it was released. :eek:

I've booked an Apple Store appointment for Thursday and hoping that they can get it replaced immediately in store instead of having to wait a few hours.

hamncheeze

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2018
Canada
Thanks for sharing your experience hamncheeze. Genuinely surprised to read that its actually got a better Geekbench score than when it was released. :eek:

I've booked an Apple Store appointment for Thursday and hoping that they can get it replaced immediately in store instead of having to wait a few hours.

My apologies. My first Geekbench score above was the original battery (from Sept 2014) but it was tested just before the battery replacement. I should have been much more clear, I'll edit the post to reflect that. I suspect my original battery when it was new probably tested out to the normal standards.

Regardless, performance of the phone did improve a lot with a fresh battery.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
My apologies. My first Geekbench score above was the original battery (from Sept 2014) but it was tested just before the battery replacement. I should have been much more clear, I'll edit the post to reflect that. I suspect my original battery when it was new probably tested out to the normal standards.

Regardless, performance of the phone did improve a lot with a fresh battery.
Ah ok, thanks for the correction. Hopefully these numbers translate to real-world difference on mines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.