iPhone 6 plus battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fpb1980, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Fpb1980, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

Fpb1980 macrumors member

Today, I tried coconut battery on my iPhone 6 plus and it showed 171 cycles but only a 75.6% capacity left on the phone. Is this normal for the number of cycles? Does anyone else have experience with their iPhone on coconut battery?

The Applecare customer service reviewed my battery diagnostic files and they said there were no issues with my battery but I thought under 80% capacity isn't good. I got my phone in November 2014.

Thanks.

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 8.17.11 PM.png

I've had this phone for almost a year. Device Details shows 412 days age from manufacture. If I let it charge to full to calibrate, I get 99.6% or higher. For the longest time it was at 105-110%+ until just recently - I guess I got lucky. 207 charge cycles.

I usually keep the phone 80-90% - it's only been below 40% once or twice. It is plugged in for long periods of time (at work) - but usually not overnight.

My guess is, it was JUST on the borderline and they chose not to replace it. I'd do a full charge with Coconutbattery to see if it goes up (it can charge even past 100%) any more than 76% - wait till it stops charging. If it's under 80%, I'd print that out and request a replacement in a week or two.

3. Fpb1980 thread starter macrumors member

Just reran coconut battery again after full charge now showing at 86%. Weird how it changes like that. Thanks.

4. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Yeah, I freaked out the first few times I did that, it showed 92% one day after showing 115% the other day. I wonder how accurate it really is. Still 86% is kinda borderline. I might try to ask another store for a replacement and state that you're not happy with battery life.