iPhone 6 Plus Bend/Twist theory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sidezero, Nov 4, 2014.

1. sidezero macrumors member

It seems like people with the twisted phones that don't visibly look bent but wobble screen down on a table might be caused by the way these are being put in a somewhat tight pocket.

My iPhone 6 Plus has been a slight twist in it since the first week I had it and it would wobble screen down on a table.

Two of my coworkers both have 6+s as well without any bend and I've determined that both of them put their phone in their pocket top down so the headphone jack is usable.

I was doing the reverse with the top up which doesn't really make sense with the way this phone is designed.

Around two weeks ago I started putting my phone in my pocket top down and now my phone wobble has corrected itself since making this change.

So far everything I've seen has confirmed this theory but has anyone in here been putting their phone in their pocket top down that also has the bend/twist in their phone?

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

always upside down when it comes to listening to music.

3. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

I usually always put it in my pocket top down, and it will twist once in a while. No big deal.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

5. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Mine has a very slight "wobble" at one corner, maybe a millimeter or less. Never put the phone in my pocket since new. Had the Apple leather case on since opening, I thought maybe I had applied too much force putting it on.

Applied some pressure to make it not wobble, which it went away almost completely. But after a day it's back to how it was. I'm thinking it's just how it was put together, the aluminum and glass not matching perfectly or something.

6. gCloud macrumors 6502a

wobble probably from the apple case not the phone