Iphone 6 plus bending worries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joshua Moore, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Joshua Moore macrumors 6502

Ok first off let me say that I believe the whole bend gate thing is completely exaggerated, but with that said I am also a very easy to worry person. I've had the phone for a couple days now . I know there are many other posts on this but I really needed a more personalized answer. Before my plus I was using an iPhone 5. With the 5 I usually keep it in my front pocket. I walk to and from work which is about a mile one way. When I work I sometimes bend or squat or sit ( when I close I listen to music so it's in my pocket as well) When I finally got the plus I was surprised at how thin and delicate it felt. When I have it in my pocket I get so worried I'm going to damage it but feel a lot of thats mostly because of these stupid rumors of it bending. I have a red leather apple case on it . So my question is do you think I would be able to do all of these things that I described in my everyday life without worrying. I wear regular sized pants , not baggy or skinny. I just need to put my worries to rest but would like to hear from people who might know better

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

Your leg is more like to break or the screen to shatter considering the lateral force that is required to bend the phone in your pocket.

Two more things to worry about, but at least bending isn't one of them.

3. Joshua Moore thread starter macrumors 6502

So you think its perfectly safe to keep my phone in my pocket the same as I did with my 5?

4. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

"While nothing is (evidently) indestructible, we expect that any of these phones should stand up to typical use."

Consumer Reports

5. Joshua Moore thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay thank you, I guess I'll start trying it out

6. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

If I still had my plus I would be concerned about bending it over the course of normal life. Mountain biking, working out or even traveling. The plus isn't meant to be an active phone.