iPhone 6 Plus better with case for one handed use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    There is a good chance I will end up returning my 6+. I didn't realize how important one handed use was to me, and didn't anticipate just how difficult it would be with the 6+. (I also think I may have overestimated the importance of screen size, but that's for another discussion)

I've also noticed that I'm forced to hold the phone a certain way due to it's slippery nature, which leads me to wonder if I had a more grippy case would that do the trick... So can anyone with 6+ experience comment on what your opinion is of the 6+ with and without a case for ease of one handed use?

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I find the leather case from apple makes it a bit more secure in the hand without adding bulk.

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

It's better with a case. But i's not great and probably never will be. Adapt or die (figuratively).

4. ayobonus macrumors regular

My 6 Plus is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, but I went to the Apple Store today just to hold it and see if it was the right decision. I love the size of the 6 Plus compared to the 6. I was testing it out in store, and I can do pretty much everything one handed like normal. The most difficult thing is to reach the very top corner on the left or right, depending on what hand I was using, but it wasn't difficult after I altered my hand a little bit. Probably will just get some getting used to.

I personally don't like using cases on my iPhones, and I probably won't use one with the 6 Plus either. Although I did get a free leather case from Apple, and I'll be using that for the gym, etc. But for every day use, I think I'll be going case-less like I always have.

5. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    One of biggest difficulties that I've had is reaching all the way across to the opposite side of the screen. Top of the screen is do-able with reachability (but could certainly become a hassle), but I can't reach across the screen when I'm supporting the bottom of the screen with my pinky.

6. JMB1911 macrumors regular

yes, for me it is absolutely easier to use one handed with the apple leather case.

There is a little lip on the bottom of the phone now (the case) and my pinkie finger can grip that...for me it made a big difference.

Without the case it was very difficult, and I always felt like it was gonna slip out and fall..

----------

I wish I got a free one from apple, mine was 50 freaking bucks.

7. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

Same here except I went with the silicon case.pinky at the bottom makes it feel more secure

8. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I'm using the Apple leather case on mine and I do think it helps with one handed use. Personally I had no issues using it one handed without the case, but I'm a bass player so splaying out my fingers and contorting my left hand is second nature to me. The case makes it much more grippy and given the fact that using it one handed requires some shifting of the phone around in your hand the extra grip is good to have. Recommended.