Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Anyone of you are having this issue where your screen turns black for 2-3 secs while you are using it and go back to normal? wtf?:apple:

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
Not on my plus. Does this happen with all the apps? I noticed a tad of pause when i open facebook. But all others switched over smoothly. Perhaps you have too many apps running on the background???

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Not on my plus. Does this happen with all the apps? I noticed a tad of pause when i open facebook. But all others switched over smoothly. Perhaps you have too many apps running on the background???

YES! especially on Facebook, when on FB and switch to FB Messenger...
I did come across the black screen with other APPs too, but mostly FB.

not on mine either, I'd take it to my nearest Apple store.:apple:

Thinking of doing this, and it will be my 3rd iphone 6+, first one it had a gap between the screen and the housing.... I am hoping an update will fix this.

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
YES! especially on Facebook, when on FB and switch to FB Messenger...
I did come across the black screen with other APPs too, but mostly FB.

Thinking of doing this, and it will be my 3rd iphone 6+, first one it had a gap between the screen and the housing.... I am hoping an update will fix this.

Then thats normal then. I wouldnt worry about it.

Josieb1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2013
London
This happens to me with the Facebook app on all devices not just the iPhone 6, but the mini retina and air as well.

Thefan

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
This also happens to me, but only in the FB app. All other apps are fine. It's almost like what the phone does when switching between the zoom and the standard views in settings. The screen will go back black for a few seconds, then comes back in the the perspective you chose. I would think it maybe a problem with the App not being optimized properly for iOS 8 or the 6 Plus, but who knows.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Google maps show a 1 second black screen before loading on an iPad air. Must be ios8

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
This happens to me when switching from Messenger to Facebook app. I think iOS 8 and the apps still need a lot of work to be smooth.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
sounds like the black screen is the overhead time for rescaling the apps to our phones. I see this issue with all non optimized apps.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
It happens on the FB app because it switches to zoomed and half the resolution of the iPhone 6 Plus. Notice how much bigger the status bar items are. It happens on all the iPhone 6 plus phones. Hopefully FB updates to full resolution soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.