iPhone 6 Plus Bluetooth Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chaseardoin, Sep 22, 2014.

1. chaseardoin macrumors newbie

Hey, All!

I've read a few of the posts on this and wanted to see if my problem was unique. Upgraded from the 5S to 6 Plus last week. Here are the bluetooth issues I am currently having (these devices worked fine with 5S running iOS 7, not sure if I used them during brief period with iOS 7 on that device).

:apple: 2011 Mercedes C300 - 6 Plus cannot find car with bluetooth
    :apple: Bose Soundlink II - 6 Plus cannot find speaker
    :apple: Beats Studio Headphone - Works fine

Called Apple and they ran a diagnostic and said everything came back fine. They believe the issue is with my car and Bose speaker. Does that sound correct or do you guys think an iOS 8 update will fix this or is this possibly hardware (6 Plus) related?

Thanks in advance!

2. Bazzagee macrumors newbie

The response from Apple sounds typical Apple - they really expect you to believe that when everything was working fine with your speaker, car and original phone - then swapping to the new Apple product and having problems means the issue must be with Mercedes and Bose?! Staggering...

iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8 doesn't work with the Mercedes
    Command Bluetooth (tested on 2013 C63 AMG and a 2014 A45 AMG)
    It pairs fine then instantly the car thinks it's in a call constantly. Calls can be made and received using the phone, however the steering wheel buttons do nothing and you can't listens to radio, cd, iPod etc without disconnecting the Bluetooth. Annoyingly it seems to be 6 Plus related as my iPhone 5 with iOS 8 works just fine...

3. Clingpeach macrumors member

Clingpeach

Mercedes 2012

The 8.02 update knocked out all settings with my car and my 6+. No blue tooth and no audio connection

4. Dmitriy86 macrumors newbie

I'm having issues with my 6 plus and 14 altima fully loaded. got the phone and it paired with car just fine. few days later, the carrier field in the car display changed from att to no network. thats when the problem began. calls come through to the phone but not to the car, even though the car shows that it is connected to the phone and the phone shows the same. i reset the all settings, that fixed it but only temporarily. same thing happened few days later. i exchanged the phone at apple to a brand new one. same problem. 8.0.2 didn't fix it (nor did it fix some of the things it listed as to be fixed). I'm outraged

5. *KID* macrumors regular

Someone in another thread suggested logging into icloud & deleting your old phone from find my iphone. Try that.

My 6+ wouldn't pair up automatically - I kept having to manually select my iphone. I will be interested to see if now it pairs automatically when I get home.

6. vistokid macrumors 6502

Same here.

----------

I tried it and it did work... but in the morning when I started up my car it was no longer working.

I can place calls using my car but they direct to my cell phone after 7 seconds.

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

The bluetooth was certainly finicky in my Acura TSX, but...

This seemed to fix it.

8. big samm macrumors 65816

I have audio via Bluetooth but can't talk on the phone via Bluetooth lincoln 2014...
    As you can see there's a red bar on the signal

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412008866.833462.jpg

9. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

My problem exactly. Had the issues on my 5 when I upgraded to iOS 8 after never having issues with my Toyota Camry with any previous iPhones or iOS versions. Got my 6 Plus with 8 on it and hand no problems - then upgraded to 8.0.2 and I'm back to square one. Can't make calls without it dropping from the car and back to the phone, or alternatively as soon as the Bluetooth connects it acts like it's on a call from my recent history log.

Very infuriating, and this seems pretty widespread in Apple's support forums, yet it isn't one of the bugs MR has posted about on the main page. Definitely a huge bug that needs to be fixed, and Apple pushing it off as a car manufacturer issue is nonsense.

10. vistokid macrumors 6502

That's exactly what I'm getting.

11. airbelchris macrumors regular

speaking of issues is anyone having the issue where over bluetooth the music skips a few seconds of a song. then on disconnect and reconnect it toteally forgets what song i was playing

this is on iphone 6 couldnt find an iphone 6 thread

12. dumaz macrumors newbie

I had this problem when I tried to connect to my bluetooth speaker after I upgraded to a 6 plus. I fixed it by changing the name of my iPhone to something else and connecting. After it connected I changed the name back and it worked.

13. Azzin macrumors 68040

I can get my 6 Plus to connect to my wife's 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe factory Bluetooth headset (after a few attempts), but it only connects as a Bluetooth audio device.

I'll do what you suggested and post back.

Where there any specific characters or letters you removed from the name?

14. vistokid macrumors 6502

Called AppleCare today and to my surprise the guy had no idea what I was talking about. Said my call was the first he'd heard of any bluetooth issues.

15. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Glad I came in here to check - I also have a Mercedes 2009 s550 that wont play with my iPhone 6 well. I just did the update and when it does connect- I drop calls. I never had this problem before the iPhone 6 - I was using the iPhone 5s.

16. vistokid macrumors 6502

For those that care... I did a little testing and it's not the bluetooth... it's my phone.

I have a friend who has the exact same car. I asked if he was having the same issues. Said his was all good.

We just went to my car and tested my phone. No go still. Then we deleted my phone and tried his. WORKED! We have the exact same phone (6) and are both running 8.0.2.

So I got a bum phone.

17. WilliamG macrumors G3

Try a restore?

My iPhone 6 Plus is working amazingly with all my BT devices. Actually, better than any iPhone I've used in the past (i.e. all of them) have.

18. airbelchris macrumors regular

19. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

My new iPhone 6 is running the latest software update and it is not working with my Porsche Cayman S. My sister has an iPhone 5s and before the software update it worked perfectly well with her BMW 135i but after the latest software update she can also no longer connect to her bluetooth in her BMW.

20. MacMan42 macrumors newbie

iPhone6 Plus Bluetooth Problems

My new iPhone 6 Plus does not stay connected to my Hyundai Veloster. I have replaced the phone, reformatted the phone numerous times, reset the network settings numeorus time, rebooted the phone by holding down the home button and power button, reset my car stereo, called Apple customer service numeorus times, but the phone continues to fail after a few days of false hopes. I never had a problem with my Android bluetooth connecting in my car. I truely regret purchasing this phone due to the bluetooth connection issues. It appears that this phone may have been released with software issues. Customer support has been great but I think they have no idea how to solve the problem. For a problem that is receiveing so much web traffic, customer service seems to be "unaware" of the issue, so they say. Apple needs to fix this issue or recall the phones.

21. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but have you experienced your 6+ disconnecting from home wifi completely after switching your iPhone from airplane mode. Mine doesn't automatically reconnect to my home wifi. I'm having to reset my router by unplugging it from the outlet so I can re-join and re-enter my password for my home router (wifi).

22. azhava macrumors regular

Just tried it twice. It reconnected automatically and immediately both times when I turned it back on from Airplane mode. Took longer to find the AT&T network than it did to find wi-fi. 6+ on 8.1.2.

23. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I appreciate it… Thanks.

24. MacMan42 macrumors newbie

Reset the iPhone 6 plus and all was well again...until I downloaded an app. The Bluetooth immediately disconnected from the Veloster and will not reconnect even after a reset of the network connections or a soft restart of the phone. I will now pursue a full return of the phone. I need everyone to reply that is having the same issues or contact Apple.