iPhone 6 plus bright spot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grumpee, May 1, 2015.

1. Grumpee macrumors newbie

Folks,

After two bad screens (vertical line on one and shadows on the second) I got my third iPhone plus.

I was delighted as its a nice cool colour and seemed perfect in every way.

Then whilst looking at a solid background I noticed a small bright spot lower right of the screen. It's not massively obvious but I can see it, particularly on grey or pastel colours.

I don't want to swap again, it seems to good otherwise.

Does anyone have this or similar?
    FYI it's not a pixel, it is bigger than that. Still shows colour too just too bright.

2. valdigre macrumors member

Send some image you can see this on, post a picture of what you mean and I will check later myself.

3. Grumpee thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a perfect little circle.
    I know it's not normal as my other phones didn't have it.

Guess I'm just trying to convince myself to stick with it rather than swap.

4. Grumpee thread starter macrumors newbie

This colour scaled to full screen shows it quite vividly.

Attached Files:

5. valdigre macrumors member

Mine seems perfectly fine, although I am in the office and it is bright here, I took it full brightness and the screen was evenly lit with no spots or other imperfections.

6. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Can you draw a circle around what you're seeing, because I can't see it?

7. bigdaddy223 macrumors regular

I don't see anything like you are describing.

8. firedept, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I am seeing it clearly on my MBP 13". If you are concerned, my suggestion is to take it back to Apple and have it replaced. I could live with it, but that is me. But I also say that we pay a lot of money for these devices and have the right to have a perfect phone for what we pay.

Edit: Upon looking at it on my iMac, there is nothing there to see. Had a dirt spot on my MBP exactly where OP stated it was.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I think he did a screen capture which will not show any screen defects. He needs to actually take a picture of the screen and post it!

10. Allin44 macrumors 6502

What on earth could you possibly be seeing in that image? There's nothing there.

11. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I agree. My rMBP just shows a flat grey without a spot.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is because he is posting a screen shot! It will never show what the OP is talking about:rolleyes:

13. Grumpee thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys, that's not an image of the problem. It's the colour that shows it most clearly on my phone.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow but I'm loathe to swap a new phone for a potential refurb. Though the apple rep rep I chatted to today said none of the replacements are returns, rather they are set aside for replacements.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Right, I think people wanted to see the actual problem (as in basically the photo of the screen showing that image on it and the white spot that shows up).

15. Grumpee, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015

Grumpee thread starter macrumors newbie

I only have an iPad mini to take a pic of it and it isn't showing up.

Long story short i'm probably going to have to gamble on my my nice non yellow screen and swap it.

It means though that after one day of ownership I'm going to get a refurb from Apple. The original vendor has no interest anymore and I can't say I blame them.

16. Grumpee thread starter macrumors newbie

This thread about a laptop issue is exactly what I have albeit on an iPhone.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/bright-spot-on-lcd-screen.626112/

Went to the Genius Bar today and once they managed to see it, it is quite hard to see in well lit areas, they agreed to swap it.
    However the two phones they opened (white boxes) were discernibly more yellow than mine.
    I left with my iPhone still with a bright spot.
    Gonna see if I can live with it. I can't face a screen lottery nor did I want to waste the staffs time anymore.

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've got a small one like that which only appears on brighter backgrounds, and white in particular. It's likely a collection of a few pixels together but not much more than that and is at the edge of a screen and close to the top so not something that jumps out really, but it's pretty clearly there on light/white backgrounds. I was thinking or getting the screen replaced but wasn't sure what I'd end up with, so for now at least I've been living with it for about half a year so far, and after the initial week or so, I rarely think about it or really notice (or basically look for) it.

18. Grumpee, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015

Grumpee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply bud. Think I'll live with it too.
    Perfect otherwise.