iPhone 6 Plus - Bright white spot on display

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by salloum, May 7, 2015.

1. salloum macrumors newbie

I recently had a small problem on my iPhone 6 Plus. The home button was clicky and just didn't feel as it was in the first place. So I looked it up, and some people suggested using a Q-tip with some alcohol on it and rub it around the home button. I did it, and the problem subdued, although didn't go away. I didn't think of it much, I went to bed last night and woke up tonight, and to my horror, I had a small, albeit very noticeable (especially on white backgrounds) bright glowing white dot. At an angle, it's accentuated even more. I feel sick to my stomach. Is there any way to get rid of this?:(

Thanks for any ideas...

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Where is this spot? (And how would it be related to any of that home button stuff?)

3. salloum thread starter macrumors newbie

The spot is on the bottom of the screen, about a quarter of the way to the top and on the right side of the display. I am assuming some alcohol seeped in to the device and caused it. There is no other explanation as it's the only abnormal thing I have ever exposed this device to.