iPhone 6 Plus Bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattjackson, Oct 15, 2014.

1. mattjackson macrumors member

I have seen several threads around about wallpapers on the iPhone 6 plus, but can't seem to work out if there is a conclusion to it or not.

I was using a stock Apple wallpaper, and use the iP6+ a lot in landscape mode. With this stock wallpaper, when I do this it still looks very clear etc.

I decided to switch to a use a wallpaper of my own, but it doesn't seem to work right - rather than using the rest of the picture to make up the extra width, it just zooms in on the portion it could see when in portrait mode.

For example, I tried it using a wallpaper that is 2300 x 2300. When I set the wallpaper, obviously it makes you do it in portrait mode. So when I do this, I therefore move it to select the portion I want to be displayed in portrait. However, obviously as the image is 2300 wide, there is plenty of it either side that is not seen in portrait mode.

When I then turn the iP6+ to landscape mode, rather than using the rest of the image, it just zooms in on the selection that was viewable when in portrait mode. So therefore the image is now stretched too much and becomes blurry.

Am I doing something wrong/stupid, or is this an actual issue? Thanks.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It sounds to me like once you pick the crop, that's it. It actually crops it. You're left with a vertical photo at that point, nothing more.

While I could see that begin annoying for you it's clearly a feature, not a bug. If someone crops out a person or item they don't want to see on their home screen they'd rightly be annoyed if rotating the phone made that item magically reappear.

3. phixionalninja macrumors regular

I've gone looking around too, and I don't believe there's a way to avoid that right now. Hopefully they fix it soon (or make an explicit option to have custom wallpapers behave the same as the included ones).

----------

I think it's safe to consider a setup where it's impossible to avoid a fuzzy upscaled custom wallpaper in landscape mode to be a bug.

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

it's the parallax effect. nothing more, turn off reduce motion and I believe it will preserve the wallpaper how you desire.

5. phixionalninja macrumors regular

No, this is specifically how the iP6+ handles custom wallpapers in landscape mode. It's the same regardless of the motion settings.

6. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

Fail.

7. mattjackson thread starter macrumors member

Well at least it sounds like it's not just something stupid I'm doing!!

It's very annoying though, it basically means that if you want to use it in landscape mode and don't want your wallpaper to end up looking blurred (i.e. not at it's proper resolution) you are stuck with the stock wallpapers. Which to me is a bit *****!! Lol.

Surely this must be something Apple will look to fix?