Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sidezero

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Anyone else experienced bugs with their 6 plus? I've had it reboot while checking a message once on 8.0 and once on 8.0.2. Also had issues with black screens, keyboard not showing up, keyboard not inputting text, and issues with orientation locks where it won't rotate dispite the orientation lock being off. Anyone else seeing these types of issues? How about any of you normal 6 users? Might switch if the 6 doesn't have these same issues.

raven69david

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
I had issue with orientation lock and posting pictures on some sites on 8.0. When 8.0.2 was released, that fixed my issues up. Today it rebooted once but hasn't done it after upgrade to 8.0.2 or after the reboot earlier today. Doesn't bother me too much as I'm sure it's an issue related to the update. I love my + and don't intend to switch to standard 6 even if these minor problems don't exist on it.

Ry&EmsMom

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
Yes! I have a 6 though and not a plus but I have had some buggy issues. Mainly the orientation lock has become a problem within the last few days. But I've also had issues with the keyboard coming up when trying to comment on social media sites. I am at 8.0.2 so I'm sort of surprised. But it's not a big deal for me.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
No problems.

None of these issues for me.

I suggest a backup and restore. Or full factory restore and start over, saving notes and contacts to iCloud.

Tekzilla

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
I've had Facebook go black for a second or two a few times.

The Weather Channel Widget stop working from time to time.

Instagram takes forever to load when in LTE.

Anyone encountered these?

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Really buggy for me as well. I have the rotation issue and the FB issue. Also my phone seems laggy and just not very fast. The other issue I am having is the sound seems really low and when I have headphones or something plugged into the headphones jack i don't hear any email notifications or text notifications. :(

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I've had a black page in safari once and spotify randomly caused my phone to restart, but other than that it's been great and with a lot of use.

DanJBS

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2014
UK
Mine got stuck a couple of times in Safari and after about 10 seconds it reloaded Safari and everything was ok.
It occasionally feels slow but it doesn't bother me that much. I think the upcoming updates will fix the lag and all those keyboard bugs.

This morning before going to work I wanted to put some music on as I forgot to do that after I got my replacement, and after moving only a couple songs the sync stopped. I tried it over and over again, switched the Manually manage music on and off then synced again, unplugged an plugged it back in and still the same problem. I deleted all the music added to iTunes (on the phone page) and re added it. If I then dragged only an artist or album over the phone and waited until it synced it and then moved on to the next album/artist it worked. If I dragged more than one and tried to sync with the Sync button it would finish the sync without putting the music on the phone. I was in a rush so I just left it like that, but I'll try again when I get back home.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I'm having trouble with the keyboard not loading at times when I'm trying to type/text or on social media. I get back out of the typing field but there's no keyboard! I have to completely exit the app I'm in. Is this happening to others. I've upgraded to 8.0.2.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Anyone else experienced bugs with their 6 plus? I've had it reboot while checking a message once on 8.0 and once on 8.0.2. Also had issues with black screens, keyboard not showing up, keyboard not inputting text, and issues with orientation locks where it won't rotate dispite the orientation lock being off. Anyone else seeing these types of issues? How about any of you normal 6 users? Might switch if the 6 doesn't have these same issues.

iPhone 6 is fine, iPhone 6 Plus lags and stutters. FACT.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
black screen each and every time i open Facebook. (it doesn't go black on my mini, but takes forever to load up so wondering if this is an iOS 8 problem vice an iPhone 6+ problem)

have had a few times the touch screen won't work, but again.... both devices...

so i guess i'm answering more as "iOS 8 buggy for anyone else?"

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
6+ here and yeah, I get the black screen with Facebook (wife doesn't with her 6). My other frequent "oddity" is Mail locking up. Happens mostly when I'm going through deleting / archiving a bunch of messages and it freezes. Home button is responsive so I click that, go back into Mail and it's still frozen. I kill the app and restart and it starts working again. Those are the two biggest things I've noticed.

One thing I do LOVE about the 6+ is the battery life. I got it the 1st day and have yet needed to charge it at any point during the day and many times am going to be with over 20% battery life left. A number of times with my 5S I'd charge it during the day at work, leave the office at 100% and been below 20% by 11 PM.

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
iPhone 6 is fine, iPhone 6 Plus lags and stutters. FACT.

They both have issues dude so relax. I own both.

iOS 8 is lagging on the plus. This will be fixed. I don't give a crap what anyone says about the scaling down and all that. It'll be fixed. Only a couple of places where it lags. Home screen sometimes. Safari tab view and rotating when using spotlight.

But yet the whole phone is laggy...

Clearly some animation issue among other things on the 6 plus. They didn't optimize it nearly as well for it.

Anyways yeah my rotate doesn't like to always work or whatever.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Like many others, my 5S is also a mess on 8.0.2. This update, along with iOS8, is a total mess with constant reboots, app crashes, etc... Hopefully Apple will get this all sorted soon. I dropped Android due to all the random reboots and lockups I was having. It is sad that code is no longer truly tested and pushed to the mass bugs and all. As programmer I really hate this type of code release, it makes my job 10 times harder as the pressure is higher to make things right after the fact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.