Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 30, 2007
Just got my iPhone 6 Plus.

It's big, bigger than the Samsung Note. Unfortunately, not much prettier. Certainly uglier than the 4/5/5S.

The camera is really great, however.

Except that it does not do 16x9. I don't know about you, but I view most of my photos on my TV, or on my Apple monitor. Virtually all screens we have nowadays are widescreen, either 16x9 or 16x10.

Why does Apple not include a widescreen mode? I know that the sensor is 4x3, (don't know why Apple chose it, as there are good native widescreen sensors). But, if for whatever reason Apple had to go with a 4x3 sensor, why not provide a widescreen mode?

It's really annoying having such a great camera, but having to crop EVERY photo so it can be shown full screen on my TV. Or ANY TV.

I have other gripes (compared to Android, for instance), but this is the one that really bugs me.

Last edited:

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 30, 2007
OK, Camera+ does it and it seems to work.

Well worth the $2....

Wish Apple had built the widescreen option into the Camera, since yeah, it's really stupid not to have a widescreen option in 2014.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.