iPhone 6 Plus cannot receive calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by runtohell121, Sep 25, 2015.

1. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

I recently swapped the sim from another iPhone to the another iPhone that had previous data on it, just signing off iCloud, etc. and resigning in to for iMessage, FaceTime, and other things.

The phone is able to make calls, send and receive text. But it cannot receive calls. Whenever I try calling from my other phone, it just brings up a tone telling me to check number and try again. This is on AT&T. I did a sim swap from iPhone 6S to iPhone 6 Plus (cross upgrade/swap sim).

The iPhone 6S came with a new sim and I activated online, and then I swapped the new activated sim to the old iPhone 6 Plus. I tried restarting phone, resetting network settings already. I do not want to backup and restore phone, rather not lose all the photos and music.

Any idea why my new activated sim not working on the iPhone 6 Plus for receiving calls but can make outgoing calls and send and receive text?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If you're hearing s tone when calling the number it sounds like the issue has nothing to do with the phone (or si') to me. I would call ATT and see if they can sort it.

3. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

I called and that rep told me to wait an hour or so since there are some issues with towers in my area (at least what I was told...)... However, the other phones I have are working fine.

The tone/message I'm getting when trying to call the phone is: Your call cannot be completed as dial, Please check the number and dial again.
    Then shows call failed afterwards on the phone that works to call the phone that doesn't work for receiving calls.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It's unclear to me if "other phones" implies you tried that line (sim) in another device. If you did, and it worked, I've got nothing.

The odd thing is, even if you turn your device off (i.e. The sim is making not possible connection to a tower) the person trying to call you shouldn't hear an error tone, hence why I suggested this is not an iPhone hardware issue.

5. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

Probably some issue with AT&T activating a new sim then... Might have to stop by AT&T to get it fixed if that's the case.

Swapping the newly 'activated' sim to other iPhone (6S, 5, 6 Plus), none of them are able to receive calls when dialing from another phone.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Yep. Sounds like it's an issue with how the calls are being routed to that line then. Really a rather odd issue being that you can MAKE calls though. At least you know it's not the phone. Best of luck!