iPhone 6 Plus Can't call or text to another cell

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pjrufus, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

New T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus. I've made a few calls today, but I can't seem to text or call my son's cell phone. He's on a recently IOS updated Verizon 5. I've sent him texts, they appear to send, but he doesn't get them. If I call, phone doesn't dial, just instant busy signal, doesn't ring or connect to voicemail. He can call me just fine.

I'm assuming since my phone is new today, it must be something in my settings. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. I've been searching all over, can't find anything similar.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Call Tmobile.
    Sounds like a carrier issue. Maybe they can fix it on their end.
    Also Restart the phone and try a reset network settings.

3. Pjrufus, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014

Pjrufus thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. Apple thinks it's a carrier issue as well. I can't test the sim card in my old phone, old phone has the larger sim. I'll just visit T-Mobile tomorrow.

4. Pjrufus thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, had T-mo change sim, didn't work. T-mo says it's his phone, Verizon says it's mine. I reset the network, someone on Apple forum suggested both of us reset the network, I just reset mine, didn't yet get to email him and ask him to do this. On a hunch, I deleted his contact info (which had been imported from iCloud) and manually re-entered it. It's working.

5. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

My wife's iPhone 6 wasn't displaying visual voicemail, and a quick google search had me resetting the network. Worked perfectly after that. Glad to see yours is working now too. It certainly beat going to the Verizon store!