Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
I recently purchased iottie 2 for my 6+ but it bounces like crazy. (and I am in a 2009 honda fit sport) And that is without using the extended arm out. The old one for my 5s never did that. Granted this phone is huge when compared.

My question is has anyone purchased this: magicMOUNT
http://www.scosche.com/mmwindow

Will the magnet mess up the phone in anyway? I know they claim it won't but I'm looking to see if anyone has had a history with these. Also will the phone fall off of the mount if I were to go over normal road bumps? And finally does it bounce at all.. because I can't stand the movement thing..

I am using a spigen tough armor case on my phone as well.

Thanks!

og3og

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Yonkers, NY USA
Don't have any experience with the 2 you have mentioned, but I use the Kenu Airframe +. It has clipped onto every vent I have tried (air vent mounting only). I love it, had the regular one for my 5S and now the + for the 6 Plus. They run about $25 on amazon.

meihcydna

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
I've used the magicmount with my 5S and now current 6+ (both with apple's leather case). It hasn't been issue for me at all for the past year and has been great for mounting on the fly.

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
I've used the magicmount with my 5S and now current 6+ (both with apple's leather case). It hasn't been issue for me at all for the past year and has been great for mounting on the fly.

I just found out about this product from this thread. Which specific MagicMOUNT do you have and do you have any issues with the plate inside your Apple leather case bulging because of it? The various magnetic mounts look so much better than some "claw" holding onto the phone mounted to your dash or windshield.

meihcydna

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
I just found out about this product from this thread. Which specific MagicMOUNT do you have and do you have any issues with the plate inside your Apple leather case bulging because of it? The various magnetic mounts look so much better than some "claw" holding onto the phone mounted to your dash or windshield.

I have the one that OP linked. No issues with the plate inside of the apple leather case. If you run your finger trying to find the plate, you'll slightly feel the bulge but has never been noticeable using it daily.

I added an extra layer of protection by applying a screen protector on the back my iphone and applied the plate on that so the adhesive won't leave any residue on my iphone.

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412970531.522474.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412970577.208101.jpg
Holds it well and no issues. Love how it's easy to take in and out

tkukoc

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for all the comments! I went ahead and grabbed the windshield edition last night. Have to say it's super sturdy, has little to no bounce and works with the tough armor case for those who have that. You can't put it behind the tpu part but if you lift the plastic backing, take off the grey sticker that spigen placed inside and then stick the metal plate close to the apple cut out.. It will be flush and will not notice it at all! I'll test it more today but it's perfect and love how easy it is to just grab and go. Granted if you touch one side of the phone to hard at an angle it could come off the magnet but that's easy to remember. Just pick your phone and make a change or use siri to do it. :)

Last edited:

darknight007316

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
Don't have any experience with the 2 you have mentioned, but I use the Kenu Airframe +. It has clipped onto every vent I have tried (air vent mounting only). I love it, had the regular one for my 5S and now the + for the 6 Plus. They run about $25 on amazon.

I love my Kenu airmount!

alanrocks

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
United Kingdom
Just mentioned this in another thread but I have been using it for several years now and it has worked from my 4S through to my 6. It's called the Spiderpodium. I'm sure this will work with the 6+ too!

Punkwaffle

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2004
That spiderpodium thing is bugly. Is that a word? It should be, as in "that spiderpodium is so fugly it's bugly."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.