iPhone 6 Plus Card Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by prodigee, Sep 15, 2014.

1. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm trying to compile a list of 6+ cases that can carry a few cards, but aren't a folio style case.

My main reasoning for this:
    I commute on the train, and while it seems silly, having to get my wallet out to get my ticket out becomes a hassle, especially since I have my phone in my hand for pretty much the entire journey.

Where I work we have card access for all the doors, and I find myself moving around the office quite a bit, again a hassle to keep taking my wallet in and out to get in places, especially when I always have my phone in hand when moving about.

Right now there are only 2 cases that I have found that fit this bill, the Spigen Slim Armor, and the Incipio Stowaway case. Of course neither of these are available on launch day either, but that's something I'll just deal with.

What other cases are out there that you may know about that fit this bill? Hopefully I'm not the only one who is searching for these options.

2. coolnwo macrumors member

Good question. Please post if you see something.

We still need to carry our ID.

3. starlight0229 macrumors member

4. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I'm really feeling this case for the 6 plus by incipio. I like the cut outs and that it holds cards/cash with a seperate stand on top. Real smooth. It's the Stowaway Advance for $34.99. Coming Soon. By the time I get my plus later this year( hopefully) it will be out and reviewed.

Attached Files:

5. E3BK, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  6. ihonda macrumors 68000

these are too damn thick. case-mate needs to setup it up and bring us a barely there ID case like they have for all the other past phones.

7. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

That speck case looks like an absolute mammoth.

8. Mrs. Jobs macrumors member

The Incipio looks like the best option so far.

9. vitog123 macrumors 6502

I checked with Incipio today, they said that they have no plans to make the "Stashback" case which is what I have used for years.

10. hypno, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

hypno macrumors regular

Kind of expensive at $69 with coupon code, but I am going to do Pad & Quill Traveler I think. I guess if I'm going to put a case on the phone it might as well be something with a bit nicer feel than plastic.

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-fo...plus/the-traveler-case-for-iphone-6-plus.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For real minimal I think this design on Etsy is also interesting with the mini suction back. It isn't a case, but you can carry up to 4 cards.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/196206177/kapotas-the-ultimate-minimalist-wallet?

11. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

$69 is steep, never really been a fan of leather cases, especially as they'll stretch over time.

Still looks like the Incipio or Spigen are the best options IMO. Unfortunately neither will be available launch day.

That link from etsy is an interesting idea for sure, but if I'm going to have to stick something to my phone, I'd rather it provide some degree of protection, and seems as though it would be slightly awkward to hold in hand.

12. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

The thing I don't like about the card cases from the big companies is that they cover the bottom. This break a lot of things for me like some docking stations.

I'm using a Hex Solo:
    http://www.shophex.com/shop/cases/iphone-5-iphone-5s-cases/solo-wallet-for-iphone-5

And really like it. I'd prefer the top were enclosed but it is what it is. And with the larger size of the iPhone's I'm hoping they can do three or four cards in the new cases.

I'm pretty tempted to just buy an Apple case and use a Card Ninja until I can find something better.
    http://www.amazon.com/CardNinja-Ult...TF8&qid=1410898038&sr=8-1&keywords=card+ninja

13. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Yikes! Look at those gaps!

14. cleirac macrumors 6502

I am on this! Branding is inside. (?) Never mind. :( How come the other in the next post does not have any branding?

15. jayrflow macrumors 6502

I think the Incipio and Spigen are the best options. I also had the SAFE wallet by BulletTrain. Great concept but the plastic they used, I didn't like the feeling. Felt kinda cheap but the case did hold up. Theyre working on one for the 6 and 6+. Here a few pics of their iPhone 5 model. Hoping they do something special for the bigger 6 and 6+

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. malevolant macrumors 6502

that case looks terrible... its not really even a case...

17. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

I liked the first gen wallet, but apparently BulletTrain was having some issues and changed the materials - the dark "matte metallic" in that first picture looks first gen.

I really liked the first gen. the material in the second gen wallets not so much. But the design was great.

18. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

That phone was probably 'shopped in.

19. C0bra K0mmander macrumors regular

C0bra K0mmander

Heritage Wallet Book...Sena Cases

Attached Files:

20. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

that etsy one is very interesting. i carry around a very minimalist wallet. it's a leather card carrier and only holds 4 cards but it's still something to carry around. i like the idea of sticking to the back of the phone but i wouldn't want it there all the time.

21. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I don't want a folio, I use my phone too much, and I always feel like they get in the way. With the size of the 6+ I really don't think I can afford for awkward hand feeling of having the flap flopping around or tucked behind the phone in my hand.

22. applebro macrumors regular

applebro

OP, i feel the same way. The only one that looks good imo is the Spigen slim armor. Can hold 2 cards and from what I can see in the pics it looks thin. 2 cards is plenty. 1 ID and 1 CC.

23. prodigee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly, I'd carry my work ID, metro card, and monthly train pass in there. As that's all I'd need in there.

24. hypno macrumors regular

I went with the Easy one after all. Similar to your current situation, I don't want it on the phone all the time however would appreciate the option. It suctions to just about any non-porous material so I'm hoping to find something flexible like TPU cut to size and have the option to carry it as a wallet, stick on phone, etc.

I just don't want these bulky plastic cases. Until something thin is released with a few slots for cards on back vs giant compartments I'm just going to go with this.