iPhone 6 plus case by Apple is crap

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 3rdiguy, Sep 9, 2014.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I have the case for iPhone 5/s and is
    Ts perfect but now seeing the 6 plus case I'd hoped for it to be more of the same but it's not. It's completely open at the bottom and definitely doesn't look good

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah i agree. i'm opting for a speck candy shell. maybe a black one to go with my phone, and another one thats colord on a day when i feel like some variety.

3. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

I was looking forward to having an apple leather case for the 6 cause I love the one for the 5s but the open bottom just ruined it for me.

4. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I've been using Speck on my 4S for awhile and I love it so that's where I'll probably go.

5. demure84 macrumors member

Crap or not but sure is overpriced and with the bottom portion exposed it's also awkward! Not getting any case for my 6 Plus.

6. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

I love the bottom being opened. I wish the top was also open. I hate case interfering with usability.

7. venom600 macrumors 6502a

I've gone through four of the leather iPhone 5/5s cases and the bottom is where all of them broke. The plastic frame under the leather was simply too thin around the ports and cracked all the time under moderate stress (like plugging in a slightly too fat headphone or flexing too much when you have to take the case off).

8. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I'd wager a guess that your experience was probably shared by many, which is why they just decided to do away with it altogether. A shame though because it's nice to have a case that protects all four sides.

9. venom600 macrumors 6502a

Each time the Apple store replaced the case free of charge, and they noted that I was not the only one having the issue, so I wouldn't be surprised.

10. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

You don't have the phone or the case so you don't know its crap. Like one member wrote, the bottom portion is where lots of cases broke and Apple replaced. Mine never did that and I have been using it for several months. In fact, I end up always using the Apple leather case for the 5s.

The bottom is great left uncovered - gives you the ability to use ANY 3rd party headphones and adaptors. Only beef I had with the 5s version was with the bottom cutouts were way to small. All four corners are protected on this new version, that's all that matters.

11. maliu macrumors 6502a

iPhone 6 plus case by Apple is crap

Why would you want the top open? No buttons or ports there.

12. freelife2014 macrumors newbie

Agree with you ;)

13. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I'm personally thrilled that they have an open bottom since I use an ihome alarm clock so I have a hard time finding compatible cases. I'm just not thrilled about the price, not sure I'm willing to drop $35 on a silicone case.

14. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Less case and less bulk.

15. Frost17 macrumors regular

Regardless of the wear the leather case took, it was still the best case I've used for the 5s.

I really hope they release an updated version of the leather case. Highly doubtful, but at this point I'm looking for the new mophies.

16. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There is an Apple Leather case for the 6 and 6+. Better colors this time around, too.

17. Frost17 macrumors regular

Sorry, I meant one's that don't leave the bottom open. Irks me that it's done like that. But accessory support is why I suppose.