iPhone 6 Plus claimed battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApplePhy, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Apple is claiming (among other things) up to 12 HOURS 3G/LTE/WIFI BROWSING???

I don't know about you guys, but I find this preposterous! No iPhone I've ever owned even comes CLOSE to the purported battery life claims. My iPhone 5 now has about 2-3hrs of WIFI browsing at BEST, even with Bluetooth turned off.

Granted, my phone was part of the recall issued earlier last month by Apple due to faulty batteries, and was eligible for a free battery replacement. But even so, nobody I know who has a late generation iphone even comes close to these claims.

I must say, however, that my ipad Air's battery life is fantastic, coming pretty damn close to the device's purported battery claims.

What are your expectations regarding the batter life claims on these new iPhones???

2. Cryates macrumors 65816

No iPhone you've ever had was equipped with a 2,950 mAh battery either.

My 5S gets 5-6 hours of actual usage.

3. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

I expect a phone to last me from when I wake up until I go to sleep. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

I'm sure whatever battery life claims they conducted their tests at absolutely ideal conditions (100nits, great signal right next to a tower, wifi off, bluetooth off, no apps in background, not refreshing the page that often, etc).

I also find that 12 hour claim rather ludicrous. I'd say my 5s might get 3.5 hours of on screen time 3/4g web browsing (compared to their claim of 8 hours for the 5s) :rolleyes:

5. mark34 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5 doesn't come close to that. Need to plug in at office or when in car otherwise it will die midway through the day. Mophie is a must for travel with no plug in time available. That is assuming heavy use days, which is most.

6. netnative macrumors regular

netnative

I find the 12-hour claim to be an exaggeration. According to Costea Lestoc of The Fuse Joplin one can browse with the iPhone 6 Plus for 9 hours. See: http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/10/iph...t-expectations. That seems rather accurate. Today I started using my iPhone 6 Plus at 5:33 AM with 100% battery (Usage: 0 Minutes, Standby: 0 Minutes) and at 6:32 AM the battery went down to 90% (Usage: 1 Hour, 0 minutes | Standby: 1 Hour, 0 Minutes). During that time I read e-mails and web browsed to read news with Bluetooth on (not connected) and Wi-Fi on (connected).

7. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The Plus battery is sensational. It's comical, really. Most days I use my phone pretty hard and have a difficult time getting the battery below 55-60%.

:apple:

8. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Makes me miss the time of the flip phones and candy bar phones that would last up to a week without needing to charge. When will we be able to say the same of our smartphones

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

^ Probably by the time the phone gets thicker is when we will expect the smartphone to last for weeks.

10. ApplePhy thread starter macrumors 6502

...when our phones no longer act as mobile computing devices.

Remember those flip phones really only did one thing...make phone calls

11. justindavis098 macrumors member

I'm a heavy user and my 6+ battery life is a champ. My old 4s would be dead mid day lol. I'm the guy who has a charger in his car. At home. And at work thanks to the old 4S. Thankfully I just need one at home now! 12 hours though? Ummm probably not.