Iphone 6 Plus - Constant Freezing

Ormuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
Ever since upgrading to iOS 9 my Iphone 6 has this weird behavior were I would unlock the phone and the screen will just freeze, no touch response , nothing. It takes about 30-60 seconds to be able to use the phone again. I even tried the 9.1 b4, same result. This happens to me at least 11 times a day... which is a lot.

Has someone else experienced something similar?

And yes, I did try full restore, back up, etc etc etc, including a phone swap.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
Ever since upgrading to iOS 9 my Iphone 6 has this weird behavior were I would unlock the phone and the screen will just freeze, no touch response , nothing. It takes about 30-60 seconds to be able to use the phone again. I even tried the 9.1 b4, same result. This happens to me at least 11 times a day... which is a lot.

Has someone else experienced something similar?

And yes, I did try full restore, back up, etc etc etc, including a phone swap.
My 6S just froze randomly when I rebooted my phone to try and fix Siri which wasn't working for me. When the home screen popped up, it was very slow and I was barely able to navigate at all. Everything kept freezing 5-8 seconds. I tried to do a hard reset but the issue persisted when it turned back on. I decided to do a reset all settings and after it competed, it seemed ok. No issues so far afterwards. Was your issue similar to this?

thatanonymoususer

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
I've had freezing issues after a restore on multiple phones (the new 6s and the 6 plus) with iOS9. In both cases, resetting all settings in the general menu resolved the issues for me. In the case of the 6 plus, I had some lagging issues on iOS8 as well, but after resetting all the settings, I don't think that I found any additional lag issues on iOS9.

Ormuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
For the two posts above...

I ended up doing a fresh install of 9.0.2 and so far so good. No more stuck screens, freezes , etc. Probably the betas didn't like my phone.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
I setup my 6S as a new phone when I got it to avoid bugs such as these but it appears it didn't matter. So far so good since reset all settings yesterday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.