iPhone 6 Plus DOA?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SOLLERBOY, Oct 10, 2014.

1. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

Hi, Ive been away for a few weeks and have just opened my 6 plus I got at launch. it wouldn't turn on so I plugged it in and after a few minutes I get the battery icon with a little bit of red in it.

I just assumed it had ran down but it's now been that way for about 30 minutes, my iPod touch 1g does this sometimes but only takes a couple of minutes till its working again. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You may have a bad battery, give it a little more time, but if its not charging and staying in the red area then take it back to apple for an exchange.

3. toddlouderback macrumors newbie

Don't feel bad got a new iphone 6s plus yesterday and I didn't even get the battery low light it was completely dead.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Something must be wrong as I have never got a new phone that did not have at least 50-80% power remaining in the battery when removed from the box. If yours was dead I am thinking there must be a hardware problem or maybe the phone was accidentally put in the box while turned on. I am thinking hardware/battery problem.

5. magbarn macrumors 68000

run coconut battery while your iPhone is plugged in. (not sure what to do if you have a pc as it only runs on OS X. If your battery <95% new I'd return it. Both of our 6s/plus are all at 100%

6. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I had this problem with my 1st Generation iPad. I had left it uncharged for a few months, and it took a long time to charge for some reason. I thought it was dead. But at the end it did turn on.

7. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I suspect the OP got his situation worked out, since this thread is a year old...

C