iPhone 6 Plus does not except password

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by BigHonkingDeal, Jan 15, 2015.

1. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Something weird just started happening to my phone.... It did not recognize my fingerprint anymore and prompts me to enter the passcode.

When I enter it it will not accept it. I know it's the right code and checked the spelling a few times (long passcode enabled). Right now I'm logged out for 15 minutes....

Anybody had this happening before? I try to not restore the thing and set up all my cards again for Apple Pay.

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Are you sure you don't have someone else's phone?

3. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

If you're not 100% certain that it's your iPhone, log into iCloud.com, then go to Find my iPhone. It should locate your iPhone. If it's shown as being at your current location, it should be your iPhone. Press both the power and home button until your iPhone force restarts. It's possible there was some kind of weird loop the lock screen got caught in. Let us know what happens.

4. BigHonkingDeal thread starter macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I erased it from "find my Phone" and restored from backup..... it's ok again now.

Still, very strange that this happened though.

5. BlazingGold macrumors member

SAME THING happened to me ! I had to restore my phone from iCloud backup. Very annoying!! By any chance were you using "1password" any time around when that happened ? Maybe we can find a common reason for this happening

6. BigHonkingDeal thread starter macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

No I did not but I changed my Apple ID password a few days ago...