iPhone 6 plus dropping Signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noodle15, Jan 19, 2015.

1. noodle15 macrumors newbie

So last week my Verizon ip6+ started to have intermittent service it starts with LTE then it goes to 3g and even down to 1x in areas I have always had LTE. Limits me using my Pandora and other things with unlimited data. Questions is as I have heard could it be the sim card or internal antennas or has VZ service been down or less in the last week? I put the SIM in another iphone and it went to LTE in a spot 6+ was showing 3g... Anybody have or having these issues.. Thanks in advance.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Both my 6 and 6+ have as good reception as my previous 5/5S. In fact the 6+ might be slightly better.

I would talk to your carrier about replacement. Maybe a few screen shots when you have 1X service while on your map app would help convince them!

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Try toggling airplane mode off and on when in these areas of 3G/1x where it should be LTE. In my experience, it seems like the device gets caught when trying to switch signals I guess you could say. Sometimes I will notice my mothers iPhone 5 is at 3 bars of LTE while I have 4 bars of 3G or something. Toggling airplane mode on and off fixes this almost every single time the issue occurs.