Iphone 6 plus Error 40

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ilikewhey, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ilikewhey macrumors 6502

hi guys while i'm waiting for my iphone 7 to arrive, my iphone 6 plus stopped working, apparently plugging in my headphone jack caused some sort of shorting the device, and now it won't boot up and is in recovery mode with error 40 on itune, can't restore can't restart nothing.

i went to bestbuy and they ran the diagnostic and said there is a charge problem, when they plugged in their voltage regulating machine it said the current is not fluctuating like it usually does when its charging. so therefore i'm narrowing down my issue to possible battery or the charging port.

possible solution
    i been doing alot of research and i keep finding that people having error 40 and they are fixing this by heating up the memory chip up to 330c for 30 seconds. however i'm not sure if this solution is related to mine. but will be adding it on to my list of solution if replacing the battery and lighting port doesn't fix.

if you guys can give me some feedback on this i would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I did a Google search and found these:

3. ilikewhey thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i did try it on my mac and pc with two different cable. bestbuy also ran it on their voltage diagnostic machine and found there was irregular behavior with voltage flux while charging.

i'm gonna go home and try again and hope its a software issue, but at this point i think its a hardware issue.

4. muzamil farooq macrumors newbie

muzamil farooq

5. ilikewhey thread starter macrumors 6502

nope, i end up getting 3rd party warranty and end up paying 100 bucks for the repair.