iPhone 6 plus filmmaking

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FrankieTDouglas, Sep 17, 2014.

1. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I'm a photographer by trade, both in commercial work and as an educator. I also teach video production, but more typically with a Mark III, Zeiss primes at my disposal, and Arri lights as needed.

I've tinkered with creating a short film on an iPhone before, using Filmic Pro as the main go-to app. But it just always felt clunky.

With this new phone, I'm excited to go back out and give it a try and just see what happens. Looking at a few Olloclip lenses and some cheap LED lights. Keeping it super compact and under $300.

Anyone else having plans of putting this new phone through the hurdles and see what the benefits are?

2. montgomeryr, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

montgomeryr macrumors member

The August issue of American Cinematographer covers the making of a feature done entirely with iPhone. They discuss various gadgets etc. Should be August 2014 and of course not model 6.

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Off the top of my head I remember a feature being made on the 4s. Have to see what this next one is like!

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Is there any sort of after-market "hand grip" or something to make the IP6 easier to hold for video? Not a Steadicam, but some passive device.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

There are devices like that for other phones and tablets so if an iPhone 6/6+ version isn't available yet it will be soon.