iPhone 6 Plus flickering and not responsive at times

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ACG12, Jul 26, 2016.

1. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Is it worth fixing at the Apple Store? I would hate to spend $329 on an out of warranty replacement and it have issues as well later down the road. I'm guessing trading it in would net me almost zero money?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I would take it in and have them quote you. If it's repairing just the screen, that should be a scren replacement (about half of what you're quoting). That's one benefit of their in store fixes.

They may also tlell you they need to chip it out for diagnostics.

IMO if it's norht of $200 I'd just go for another new device.

3. ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow so apparently this is a huge issue with the 6 plus and Apple fails to acknowledge or recall it. Shame on you, Apple. And even the "refurbished" replacements they give out have the same problem.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Huge issue?

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Where are you getting that this is a "huge issue".

How many flickering 6+ threads did you find?

When did YOU drop your phone?

6. ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quite a few on google plus vids on YouTube and the comments on there with people having the exact issue.

Also Apple employees acknowledging that this is a problem, won't help because Apple won't do anything about it other than take another $329 from you.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---
    The iPhone 6 Plus was a complete pile of **** from the get go. Under powered due to lack of RAM, weak metal casing bendgate, and ic chip placement.

All this was fixed in the 6s Plus. Maybe I should try and get a 6s Plus like my coworker did from Apple as an out warranty replacement for this turd (that also has the camera focusing issue but doesn't fall under the recall).

7. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Can't do that sir

8. now i see it macrumors 65816

I have a 6+ and it's been perfect. Perfect screen, never flickers, never bogs down. Fast. Yes fast. Never waiting for anything (except video app renderings).
    I couldn't be happier with it.
    You must've got a dud.

(now after saying that, mine will probably go bonkers tomorrow).

I wonder though, from all the people that complain about problems with their phones if... They've inadvertently torqued them in their pockets or have subjected them to some other sort of stress.

9. Newtons Apple, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

My 6+ and the other three in our company have worked without flaw right up to the day we upgraded.

I still got mine as a spare and it is still perfect.

10. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Same here,my iPhone 6 plus never ever gave any problem during its 1year of usage after i got another iPhone 6s plus and it's still will me so no issues till date :)

11. Phonefanman Suspended

I think the smaller screen is more reliable overall than the bigger screens. All of those extra sensors and such.

12. ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Live and you learn, I should've purchased apple Care Plus. Good thing the rest of my Apple devices in my sig that I purchased after this phone have it.

13. ACG12, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016

ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I went to the Apple Store yesterday and the Apple Store Employee whispered to us that this is a known problem with the 6 plus, but Apple refuses to acknowledge this publicly. He recommended I call Apple by phone and try to get them to pay for the replacement. I'll try it later today and see if it works.

I also asked him if I could trade it in and he said yes, since it technically does still work. But I don't want to pay full price when the new iPhone is just around the corner.

14. cipher29 macrumors regular

My 6+ has been a steaming pile of garbage since the day I got it ... I've had it warranty replaced once and the replacement is equally as terrible.

Constant lag, camera issues, screen complete unresponsive issues (always seems to be when I need the screen the most) and overall just being a turd.

By far the worst phone I've ever owned (I've owned a lot)..

15. ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You just explained my EXACT same situation lol. But yes, the 6 plus is the worst iPhone (Apple product) I've ever owned. I'm sure Apple will finally do something about it years from now when no one has the phone any longer.