Iphone 6 plus for gaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tomaso, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Tomaso macrumors newbie

Hi!

I am thinking of buying iphone 6 plus. I normally use phone for internet, games, music, texting, calling in that order (spending roughly 30% of time on gaming). I am concerned about some posts suggesting lags and stuttering on 6plus that are not present on 6. The posts are dated just couple of days after the release, when not everything was working correctly mainly due to IOS8 bugs.

My question is - is it still the issue with games like Zen Garden or other demanding 3d games? Is the lag ever present (being more of constant FPS drops) or is it ocassional( how often)? Is it something that would destroy the joy? Is it something that is more visible when playing for longer periods?
    Anyone playing PvZ2 or tower defense games with many many enemies/units on screen seing FPS drops? (on Ipad mini it is very annoying)

Additional question -Are there any games running now at native 1080p instead of scalling up and down or are there any to be launched soon?

Thanks in advance for answers:D

2. Sharkey311 Suspended

When I had the Plus, I had Zen Garden and it didn't lag at all. The thing that lagged, strangely, was when you open your photo library from the messages app to choose a picture to send. Never understood why it did that.

3. DigitalPharmcst macrumors member

DigitalPharmcst

I've been playing Modern Combat 5, Real Racing 3, NOVA 3 and a bunch of other games. Most games scale to the larger screen but they have been enhanced my "metal" so they look good. Playing games on that big screen is amazing compared to the 5. My only gripe is that KOTOR hasn't been updated yet.