iphone 6 plus freezing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supaflyz, Dec 23, 2014.

1. supaflyz macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

As you know I made a thread on here earlier regarding the Iphone 6 plus for my mom. She loves it! However, I have notice a problem. On a few occasions whenever I look up a video for her on youtube the video freezes. I click done and it doesn't go back to the main screen. I have to turn the phone off and restart it for it to go back to the main screen. I have notice this happening 2 times yesterday while trying to look up some videos for her on youtube.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Sometimes my 6 Plus and 6 do not play nice with youtube either. I think the software or OS needs some optimization!

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My 6+ freezes occasionally in many apps and also lags frequently. I had a long and exhaustive session with a store demo unit this afternoon and was able to see that lagging too.
    I'm pretty sure that 'they all do that Sir'.

4. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Havent had any problems with Youtube on my 6 Plus besides one force close it did on me, but that was only one time and runs great.

Some unoptimized apps dont run that great though on the 6 Plus and 6 yet until they get updated

----------

Did you check if the iPhones were on latest iOS? All apps updated? All apps closed? Demo units get tons of play

The 6 Plus does not lag no where near as much as you claim in every single thread

5. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Does anyone make a "Ram Doubler" app?
    That should sell like hot cakes.

6. sunking101, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I comment on lag in every lag-related thread, yes. It does lag and it's crappy.
    The demo units may well have had apps open but that should NOT introduce lag and an unresponsive touchscreen. It wouldn't with an iPhone 5 and it shouldn't with a 6+. The version of iOS shouldn't matter when it comes to the aforementioned issues either. The 4.7" demo i6 next to it didn't lag, and I didn't check the version of iOS or how many apps were open on that.

7. cababah macrumors 68000

Yeah, next year there's going to be a $199 app called "iPhone 6S" and it absolutely will sell like hot cakes.

8. brainspirations macrumors newbie

brainspirations

iPhone 6 plus has a number of problems inc VOLUME

Yes, I have experienced problems with freeze-ups.

My biggest concern is the low volume for using the phone function-- hearing calls, low or non-existent ringer sounds. Not good.

Seems like Apple released this one TOO SOON. :-/

9. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Yes. The phone lags too often... Idk if they can pull some magical optimization but it's fairly annoying

10. cababah macrumors 68000

Software can only be tweaked so much to compensate for under-spec'd hardware :(