iPhone 6 Plus general checkup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zvalliji, Mar 20, 2015.

1. zvalliji macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm going to be be buying an iPhone 6 plus tomorrow and was wondering whether it was possible to take the phone to an Apple Store and get it checked over as a general thing. The seller (a friend) has agreed to this so there's no problem on that side. As far as I'm aware there's nothing wrong but I've been bitten before so want to be careful.

Will Apple accept my reservation if I just ask for a general check of the phone?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I do not think so unless you lie. Apple is in the business to sell and service owner's phones.

You could tell them it is acting up and they can run a diagnostic on it but it would not tell you everything that could be wrong. The phone is still under warranty so unless it is blacklisted or from another country, they would repair it for you.

Have you been to an Apple store on a weekend?:eek:

3. zvalliji thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip... I haven't been to an Apple store at the weekend, but I will now! To top it off, it will be the one on Regent St, London!! :eek::eek:

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

What you do, is get your friend to book it, it's his phone. When you get there ask the genius to run diagnostics on the phone. After the tests he will be able to tell you if everything is in order .

----------

From experiece the apple staff there are cool. Though as the other person has said, to be safe, just say the phone hangs sometimes , might just be a bug etc Etc and ask for a diagnostics to confirm everything is okay .

Book though. Do not just turn up

5. zvalliji thread starter macrumors newbie

Just spoke to someone on the live chat feature on Apple. They told me that they would have no problems conducting a general checkup of the phone before I buy it. Even booked my appointment for me!:D

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01