iPhone 6 Plus Glass screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pooleman, Dec 2, 2014.

1. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Hello all,

Is there a glass screen protector for the 6 plus that actually lays flat on the screen? I don't care if it is edge to egde. I just want one that doesn't lift up on the edges for the glass. I've tried Zagg, tough armor, and several other glass protectors from Amazon and have found that they all lift on the edge of the glass a bit. Help me find a good one please.

2. SouthMountain macrumors newbie

I have a 6+ and got the bodyguardz glass screen protector...it's amazing, even better than the original glass, it really doesn't show fingerprints at all.
    I got it at the AT&T store (even tho I'm a Verizon customer) it was $39, and the guy in the store put it on (it's a little tricky). My wife got it for her 6, and I had to have one too.
    You can check them out at bodyguardz.com
    I highly recommend it!!

3. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

It says its $44. That's way too much cash. Thanks anyway.

4. idanny34 macrumors regular

I'm currently using the Simple Snap for my iPhone 6 Plus. Probably one of the easiest screen protector installs I've ever done. The only problem I had was that the screen protector was slightly misaligned after installation. Sent customer support an email on Saturday, received a reply on Sunday, and had a new screen protector shipped to me for free on Monday. I purchased from their website before they increased the price to $39.99, but it's $29.99 right now on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Temper...F8&qid=1417655858&sr=8-2&keywords=simple+snap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VahSbJTOn9Q&spfreload=10

5. bizack macrumors 6502

I've gone through a ton, luckily being able to return via Amazon.
    I also have used ZAGG, which is probably one of the better ones (although their lifetime warranty is misleading... spending 6 bucks per replacement is expensive). Still has some edge lift, as you've stated.

I recently ended up using Tech Armor:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NGMVD8W/

They're currently 10 bucks (which includes shipping), and has a slightly better fit than ZAGG (or anything else I've found). I haven't found a correlation between price and fit.

What I have concluded, is that it won't be another few months until we see a screen protector with zero edge lift. I also don't mind if it doesn't go edge-to-edge.

Try out the Tech Armor. You can return to Amazon for a refund if you don't like it.

6. Paco II macrumors 65816

Have had the Zagg glass on my 6 for about three weeks now. Zero edge lift. You sure you didn't have a defective one? Also, regarding their warranty, if you call they will usually do your first replacement totally free. At least that has been my experience.

7. bizack macrumors 6502

I've had the 6 and 6 Plus, and there's a noticeable different in fit. ZAGG on iPhone 6 was pretty good. ZAGG on 6 Plus had edge lift (I bought two, and both had lift - I requested replacements for both). I just think it's much more difficult with the larger screen area to get the glass to lay flat so close to the curve of the screen.

ZAGG does have good customer support, but it probably costs them *maybe* $1.00 to manufacture the screen protectors, but you end up paying 6 bucks in 'shipping' costs for something that can be sent in an envelope. That part isn't so cool (which is why I only purchase through Amazon now).

There's also variances in the iPhone 6 display itself, which adds difficulty to the problem. What would be interesting is if a manufacturer would produce a screen protector that's thinner along the edges (not just rounded), allowing the glass to bend a bit to adhere to the display.

8. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

I use these on my iPhone 6 and 6+. Love them. Go here: http://www.xtremeguard.com/Apple-iPhone-6-5-5-Screen-Protectors-and-Skins-p/iphone-6-5.5-screen-protector.htm

Use code: 80off

Total cost: $12