Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DankRosua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Hey guys,

I was jetskiing today and my 6 plus got slightly wet. Last time it got wet the phone kept saying i was plugging headphones in and out repeatedly but after a few hours it went away. This time its doing the same thing but its also turning the volume all the way down by itself. Every time I turn the volume all the way up (happens with both volume and ringer) it instantly lowers the volume by itself all the way to mute. My phone is heavily themed so to speak, I had custom os X dock, custom icons, and custom app layout just on the home screen. I also have custom font and a bunch of other stuff. Once i noticed the phone acting up I decided to restart the phone. Once the phone turned back on, everything looked like stock iOS8 again but I still have my Cydia app, Springtomize app, Pangu app, Activator app, and BytaFont 2 app. Everything else is completely stock OS. Does anyone know how I can fix this and go back to my proper jailbrake? I can't even look at my screen because the annoying ringer volume pop up stays there.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Hey guys,

I was jetskiing today and my 6 plus got slightly wet. Last time it got wet the phone kept saying i was plugging headphones in and out repeatedly but after a few hours it went away. This time its doing the same thing but its also turning the volume all the way down by itself. Every time I turn the volume all the way up (happens with both volume and ringer) it instantly lowers the volume by itself all the way to mute. My phone is heavily themed so to speak, I had custom os X dock, custom icons, and custom app layout just on the home screen. I also have custom font and a bunch of other stuff. Once i noticed the phone acting up I decided to restart the phone. Once the phone turned back on, everything looked like stock iOS8 again but I still have my Cydia app, Springtomize app, Pangu app, Activator app, and BytaFont 2 app. Everything else is completely stock OS. Does anyone know how I can fix this and go back to my proper jailbrake? I can't even look at my screen because the annoying ringer volume pop up stays there.

It's water damage. Has nothing to do with the jailbreak. If the volume popup stays there, the only chance of hope you have is to turn the phone off, put it in a bag of rice for 24 hours, and hope it sucks the water out. Chances are the damage is irreparable at this point though.

DankRosua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
It's water damage. Has nothing to do with the jailbreak. If the volume popup stays there, the only chance of hope you have is to turn the phone off, put it in a bag of rice for 24 hours, and hope it sucks the water out. Chances are the damage is irreparable at this point though.

Thanks, I'll try the rice. This isn't the first time it has gotten wet though and it barely got wet. I had it in the dry box and my wet hands were the only thing that touched it so the water was very minuscule.

Hey great idea dude.
Take it with you jet skiing more often..
Liquid damage to electronics cannot be repaired with software.

Thank you so much, you answered all my questions.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks, I'll try the rice. This isn't the first time it has gotten wet though and it barely got wet. I had it in the dry box and my wet hands were the only thing that touched it so the water was very minuscule.

Maybe just unlucky this time around

For example, you could drop your phone from 4 feet and only a few scratches. Next time, you drop your phone from 2 feet and the screen shatters

DankRosua

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Maybe just unlucky this time around

For example, you could drop your phone from 4 feet and only a few scratches. Next time, you drop your phone from 2 feet and the screen shatters

That's very true. I put the phone in rice for 12 hours and when I took it out it was still messed up and the battery was dying so I put it to charge and when I came back to use it it was working perfectly. :)

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
That's very true. I put the phone in rice for 12 hours and when I took it out it was still messed up and the battery was dying so I put it to charge and when I came back to use it it was working perfectly. :)

Awesome, glad it worked out for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.