iPhone 6 plus has new DAC for music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macguy360, Sep 19, 2014.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I listen to music in my car from my phone connected via headphone jack and usually stream pandora on high quality sound settings.

The first thing I noticed when I started using the iPhone 6 plus to listen to music is that the sound is different than my iPhone 5. To me, it sounds like the base is emphasized a bit more, but there seems to be slightly more clarity overall compared to the iPhone 5.

I think that Apple put a new digital audio converter in the iPhone 6+ that is better quality than the previous ones used. This could be in line with a focus on higher fidelity audio that Apple has been pursuing lately.

What are your thoughts? Anyone else notice the same thing?

2. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

I can't comment, but I hope you're right. The 5 and 5S were subpar. An update was needed. Hopefully the 6 has more output to drive larger over the ear headphones without having to use an external headphone amp.

3. lke macrumors 6502a

Try using good headphones to check if the sound is better.

If you are a music fanatic buy a new car stereo or a new car with Bluetooth Audio it sounds great and you don't have to plug your iphone to your car stereo. Also it starts stop the music when you turn your car and you can skip songs using the car controls. It is one of the best things a new car could have.