Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r3ydium

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
I've been playing around a bit with my brand new 6+ today and have been loving it. However, I have noticed that it gets incredibly hot when playing graphic intense games.

For example: when playing modern combat 5, the phone becomes uncomfortable to hold within 4-5 minutes. It gets so hot I worry that's it's about to overheat. Also, the phone is not plugged in, and I have a loose grip as well.

I guess I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this, or if it's possible I have an issue that would warrant a trip to the Apple Store.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
CPU's (and GPU's) heat up when they work, so it's not surprising that they get hot when you're playing intense games. iDevices have overheat protection, so if they get too hot they will shut themselves down, so you don't need to worry about it over heating.

Enabledobject

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2014
One thing that I've noticed is that my 6 plus stays really cool. I haven't played that particular game, but I have played Asphalt 8 quite a bit and it might get just barely warm.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I've experienced the exact opposite - my 6 Plus runs absolutely cool, even when playing graphics and processor-intensive games. It's something that I've noticed and was quite impressed with. The same tasks would run hot on my 5S. I've also got the iPhone 6 and that also seems to run cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.