iPhone 6 Plus Heat

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by r3ydium, Oct 1, 2014.

1. r3ydium macrumors member

I've been playing around a bit with my brand new 6+ today and have been loving it. However, I have noticed that it gets incredibly hot when playing graphic intense games.

For example: when playing modern combat 5, the phone becomes uncomfortable to hold within 4-5 minutes. It gets so hot I worry that's it's about to overheat. Also, the phone is not plugged in, and I have a loose grip as well.

I guess I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this, or if it's possible I have an issue that would warrant a trip to the Apple Store.

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

CPU's (and GPU's) heat up when they work, so it's not surprising that they get hot when you're playing intense games. iDevices have overheat protection, so if they get too hot they will shut themselves down, so you don't need to worry about it over heating.

3. Enabledobject macrumors 6502

Enabledobject

One thing that I've noticed is that my 6 plus stays really cool. I haven't played that particular game, but I have played Asphalt 8 quite a bit and it might get just barely warm.

4. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

I've experienced the exact opposite - my 6 Plus runs absolutely cool, even when playing graphics and processor-intensive games. It's something that I've noticed and was quite impressed with. The same tasks would run hot on my 5S. I've also got the iPhone 6 and that also seems to run cool.