iPhone 6 plus home button question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Atomant669, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Atomant669 macrumors regular

Dear Forumers,

Remember when we used to have problems with the Home button on our iPhone 4S's? They used to stop working after awhile?

I have since been using the touch assist as the substitute to my home button throughout my iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

Now that I just have a new Iphone 6 plus, does the old Home button problem still persist on the Iphone 6 plus of today? Does it stop working after a few months due to excessive pressing of the home button?

Has apple fixed the problem or is it safer for me to still keep to the touch assist?

2. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

How would woul know if the home button is going to wear out on the phone after 3 months of use when the phone has only been out for one month??? :p

Regardless, it is not common for the home button on any iPhone to stop working and it if it does within the first year it would be covered under warranty.

3. Atomant669 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so I gather, they haven't fixed the problem yet.

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I have had the Iphone 4 and up and now the 6+, none of my families or my IPhones have had to be replaced because of home button issues. That's a lot of Iphone models with no home button issues.