iPhone 6 plus, how ti save battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnPyn, Oct 26, 2014.

1. JohnPyn macrumors member

Hi everyonee, I have an iPhone 6 plus... Battery isn't a super big issue I have to say but I want to use it to watch movies and/or read books while I'm on the bus, and since I'm a commuter I'm there a lot everyday... So, I ws wondering if anyone could advise me what to do to save battery... I know there are a lot of vids that tell you what to turn off but I don't want to turn everything off to save battery... If possible just a few things that aren't super important and that use a lot lf battery... I can't really tell which functions use a lot and which use not much battery, that's why I'm asking, but for instance I believe that the "Parallax" effect uses a lot that's why I turned it off.

If someone could tell me what to turn off or what to do and how much battery I'd save if I dis as you advised or how much more I'd use if I didn't do it I'd be really incredibly grateful. Thanks a lot

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Buy one of these. (Candy bar portable chargers)
    [​IMG]

They are like $15-20 and will recharge your phone 2 times before the battery dies.

I carry one in my bag just in case.

3. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Honestly speaking, you won't have to worry about battery life on the 6 Plus, unless you're an intensive user. There's more than enough juice in there to get you through at least a day, even when watching movies on your commute.

Also, if you want to find out what apps/processes are consuming most of your battery, you can go to Settings> General> Usage> Battery Usage.

4. JohnPyn thread starter macrumors member

Yep I know but I also know which apps use more than other, I know some tricks like location services, push for mail, parallax etc... But I don't know which are actually useful and which only save like 5 min...

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Lave what you want on and take a charger to the office and leave it there. Charge before your commute and you should be good. No really anything you can turn off that will make that much of a difference. The screen backlighting uses the most power and then comes the radios. After that the CPU is a big power user.

6. cababah macrumors 68000

Turn backround app refresh --> "Off" may help as well

7. CanadaEh macrumors regular

8. JohnPyn thread starter macrumors member

I think i'll try the external charger solution although that anker won't charge a 6 plus even once fully but I don't really need that much to be honest.. Just a little boost that's why I wanted to try without :)