iPhone 6 Plus in greater demand than Apple planned

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wxman2003, Oct 21, 2014.

1. TheState macrumors newbie

All i can think of are all of the idiots who bought iPhone 6 Plus handsets just to mindlessly destroy them. :mad:

2. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

Aka 11:9

I think the 6 is big... I wonder how many returns the 6 Plus got.

3. iceperson macrumors 6502

That's not what the article says at all. They're saying Apple is thinking of shifting FUTURE production to that ratio to catch up to demand for the 6 plus.

4. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

iPhone 6 Plus in greater demand than Apple planned

That explains the popularity of the Plus and nonexistent supply.

I must say, the Plus model is so much better than the regular 6.

"Customers in China can now buy the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 directly from telecom operators, retail channels and websites, but still must wait should they want the larger iPhone 6 Plus (as is the case in many other countries in the world)."

"...you’ve got to think the company should have realized a larger-screen “phablet” iPhone was going to be met with high demand."

5. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I believe I'm about to order a 6 Plus from AT&T. Since none are available via walk in it's just easier to order and wait. I've been on the fence about leaving Android(which is why I haven't ordered sooner), but since my entire ecosystem is Apple, it just makes sense.

6. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Hmm... This is the ratio at which they are producing the phones at the moment. It's not the ratio of sales...

I read the sales ratio is like 4.5:1.

7. shiibbyy macrumors regular

dont order through AT&T... order directly from Apple, youll get your phone ALOT faster.

----------

yeah i watched so many videos like that i was thinking " you goddamn bastards" :mad::mad::mad:

8. wxman2003 thread starter Suspended

Considering they were initially doing a 65:35 split and now increasing to 55:45, the real ratio of sales has to be close to 60:40 and thus why they can't keep up. Obviously the current 65:35 ratio was producing too many 6 models, and thus why they are so readily available. While producing the Plus at 35% of all total output was not even close to being enough. They could probably cut it to a 50:50 ratio, and they still would have enough 6 models.

9. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I don't find this surprising at all. The more I use the Plus the less huge it feels. Having ditched the Apple leather case for a .3mm TPU case it feels even more sleek and svelt. The thinness really is what makes it workable at this size. Meanwhile the 6, while an outstanding phone in its own right, seems too close in size to the 5s. I can totally see why demand for the Plus is high.

10. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Ya, there were tons of the regular 6 in stock for walk ins for weeks.

The Plus model sold out for release day shipping at verizon within the first 18 minutes (verizon rep told me based on their charts/statistics).

----------

Yup, coming from a iPhone 5, the iPhone 6 didn't look much bigger and it didn't feel like a worth while upgrade.

The Plus in the other hand... A worthy upgrade that makes sense.

11. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

One reason for me to pick the plus over the 6 if I get an iphone again.

Battery life. Biggest thing to me by far.

12. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

I'm all used to the size of the plus now and don't find it big or awkward at all to use. The battery life and display are incredible, I'm really enjoying this. Used my dad's 6 last night and it feels really small and cramped. Not to mention the 5 now looks like a kids toy.

No I wouldn't trade in my plus for any other phone.

13. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

I like my 6 a lot. Next year, I will probably buy a 6+ to use in conjunction with the 6 I currently have. At work, I don't use my personal tech at all, except to answer a text from the wife, so the smaller phone is much better for me. But on weekends it would be nice to have the 6+ to use. I'd just swap sims back and forth. Eventually I guess the sim would settle into one of them permanently.
    The battery life of the 6 is more than enough for my personal weekday use and for the first time ever, I don't have to keep spare chargers everywhere.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

15. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind.

16. stasha macrumors 6502

Reading some forum got me impression that some men CANT handle the plus size

17. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Ya, I can't handle a plus size woman either.

18. stasha macrumors 6502

Lol