iPhone 6 Plus "Incorrect Password" after Repair

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Russell450, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Russell450 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Basically, I left the device on the top of my car and then found out after I drove off that I left it on my car. I used Find my iPhone and it was still pinging a location... Well, in the end, I found it, with the screen destroyed and minimal bending of the aluminum frame.

I took the device to a local repair shop after being run out by the Apple Store in my area. They said that they were unable to repair it because there was too much of a bend on it.

Well, after taking it to the local repair shop and getting the device's screen fixed, the Wifi does not work, with a message displaying "Incorrect Password", when I know that the password is correct. I double checked in my router's setup page.

I have tried the following troubleshooting steps: Turning the device on/off, Turning on/off Wifi, Resetting Network Settings, and changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Is this hardware related?

Thanks in advance.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

If Apple refused to repair it because of the bend, that should tell you that there's likely more repairs needed other than the screen. It's probably time for new phone.