Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MightyTrojan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Cupertino
I am really confused with so many variants of iPhone 6/Plus.

In short my questions are:

1. Can you use iPhone 6/Plus from TMobile/Apple-sold TMobile on ATT network? Any hardware difference?

2. Can you use either ATT/TMobile specs iPhone 6/Plus on Verizon? I know one is GSM and another is CDMA. What about vice versa?

3. Are all the new iPhone 6/Plus' have EXACT same hardware inside except software difference?

4. Can I purchase Verizon iPhone 6/Plus with full price at Apple Store to use on ATT?

Thanks!!!

Cabby

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Your strategic use of CAPS in the title definitely increased the odds of people viewing this thread. BRAVO! :apple:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
1. Can you use iPhone 6/Plus from TMobile/Apple-sold TMobile on ATT network? Any hardware difference?

There's no hardware difference. Whether or not the T-Mobile iPhone 6/Plus is unlocked is still hotly debated, but past history indicates that it shouldn't be, and should work fine on AT&T.

2. Can you use either ATT/TMobile specs iPhone 6/Plus on Verizon?

No, you cannot.

I know one is GSM and another is CDMA. What about vice versa?

Vice-versa will work fine.

3. Are all the new iPhone 6/Plus' have EXACT same hardware inside except software difference?

No. There are 4 different, subtle hardware revisions for each iPhone 6/Plus. A listing of which model works best for which carrier can be found here:

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

The part you need to be concerned with: the Verizon and Sprint versions have CDMA, the T-Mobile/AT&T versions don't.

It MIGHT be that the hardware is the same but baseband software is what makes the difference, but I wouldn't depend on that.

4. Can I purchase Verizon iPhone 6/Plus with full price at Apple Store to use on ATT?

If they'll sell it to you, yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.