iPhone 6/Plus INTER-OPERABILITY

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MightyTrojan, Sep 16, 2014.

1. MightyTrojan macrumors newbie

I am really confused with so many variants of iPhone 6/Plus.

In short my questions are:

1. Can you use iPhone 6/Plus from TMobile/Apple-sold TMobile on ATT network? Any hardware difference?

2. Can you use either ATT/TMobile specs iPhone 6/Plus on Verizon? I know one is GSM and another is CDMA. What about vice versa?

3. Are all the new iPhone 6/Plus' have EXACT same hardware inside except software difference?

4. Can I purchase Verizon iPhone 6/Plus with full price at Apple Store to use on ATT?

Thanks!!!

2. Cabby macrumors regular

Your strategic use of CAPS in the title definitely increased the odds of people viewing this thread. BRAVO! :apple:

3. MightyTrojan thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasn't really intentional because I saw it somewhere and people posted it like that.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

There's no hardware difference. Whether or not the T-Mobile iPhone 6/Plus is unlocked is still hotly debated, but past history indicates that it shouldn't be, and should work fine on AT&T.

No, you cannot.

Vice-versa will work fine.

No. There are 4 different, subtle hardware revisions for each iPhone 6/Plus. A listing of which model works best for which carrier can be found here:

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

The part you need to be concerned with: the Verizon and Sprint versions have CDMA, the T-Mobile/AT&T versions don't.

It MIGHT be that the hardware is the same but baseband software is what makes the difference, but I wouldn't depend on that.

If they'll sell it to you, yes.