iPhone 6 Plus is glorious, but I've got one thing...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleChap, Sep 27, 2014.

1. AppleChap macrumors newbie

... a dead pixel (possibly dust, but probably pixel.) Upon finding it I was irritated by it, and then it became a bit of a niggle. Learned to live with it, ish, then a friend reminded me it's a £700 device and it shouldn't have anything wrong with it, which is also true.

Reluctant to do anything in case an exchanged model has one or more dead pixels and this phone is otherwise perfect.

So, just curious; would you swap it for the sake of one dead pixel?

2. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Yes. Without a doubt. Anything like that would result in a swap for me.

3. pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

I would, I think, exchange it. Stuck/dead pixels drive me to distraction when they're on a monitor or screen, though it does depend where they are when it comes to my tolerance levels.

Ultimately, it's what you can put up with but I think it would annoy me enough to do something about it.

4. Turbo Tony macrumors newbie

5. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

You spent premium dollars on a premium tech device. Yes, exchange it. It's covered for that. I'd definitely exchange if I had a dead pixel.

I had an iPad 3 that had one, I did an exchange a few days later with some slight difficulties, but that was probably because of the holidays. I got it done though without much chastised against me.

6. AppleChap thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot everyone. I think you've all confirmed what I was thinking in the back of my head! Hopefully, no lottery... !

7. AppleChap thread starter macrumors newbie

Booked a Genius Bar appointment for Thursday. Thanks again for your input everyone.