iPhone 6 Plus + iTunes Synching=constant problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DougFNJ, Sep 27, 2014.

1. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I have never seen iTunes hang, freeze, and crash as much as I am seeing it constantly while trying to move everything to this phone. It used to be simple, restore settings from iCloud, synch Apps, songs, photos, and books over, and it was all done in less than an hour.

I was dumb enough to think iTunes Match would do what it advertised to do, back up my music in the cloud, and download them again if I chose in a better quality. I had to downgrade my music quality to fit it all on 64 gb, now that I have the 128 I thought I could upgrade the music quality and have plenty of space left. iTunes match lost half my music, I had to move everything back over from an external hard drive which created a ton of duplicates. I had to take a few hours to remove the duplicates and tried syncing the music over, then it was saying I didn't have enough space which tells me it was trying to put music on top of the music that was already on it. I tried 50 different things and ultimately restored this morning.

It is now afternoon, after 4 hangs, freezes, and crashes on iTunes while moving apps over again, and now trying to get music on, it is caught in a perpetual Waiting for changes to be applied. I stop the sync after 20 minutes of this, start it over again, goes through the motions and goes back to waiting for those changes.

I'm really frustrated right now, and Apple support has a nice long wait time.

2. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

I too am having a similar issue trying to sync my new 6 plus.

3. DougFNJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

In the end, I restored as new, plugged it in and manually imported them over by selecting all and dragging the music to the iPhone. That got all the music over. I then just downloaded all my apps and started over again from scratch. It was a long process, but it worked.