Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Sometimes, not all the time, when I turn my iPhone 6 Plus into landscape mode I cannot use anything on the screen. Changing back to vertical everything works fine.

Not all the time, but again if a lot of others are having the same problem this is just another weird software glitch.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
I think we'll see a 8.0.1 pretty soon and then a 8.0.2 not to long after. Depending when the cut off for the 0.1 fixes was.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Mine does it frequently, just a normal failed glitch caused by buggy software. Apple will get around to fixing it. I can live with it.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
On my wife's 6, sometimes in landscape scrolling in Safari doesn't work or is intermittent. Portrait works fine. (Waiting for my 6+ to check this...)

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Found a suggestion that this is possibly related to one of 2 scenarios. The fixes are several and I'm hoping the first one works for me as it has others.

Solution #1: Disable reachability then hard reset the phone.
Solution #2: Setup the phone as new. The problem may be with something in the restore.

I really do not want to do Solution #2 if I can help it.

hNicolas

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Presently no problems at all here but yesterday when I tried to open settings in landscape mode settings app would just crash. Today it's fine:rolleyes:

Just a little initial OS release bug!

Speaking of landscape mode, I'm a little disappointed that not all of Apple's stock apps switch to landscape.

JoshS

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I'm having the same issue on my 6+ where the screen is pretty much unresponsive. Has happened 3-4 times since Friday.

Another issue I think is related is the orientation stops changing. All of a sudden switching from portrait to landscape and back the screen doesn't rotate. I've had to reboot the phone to fix it twice.

I set up my phone as new and didn't restore from backup out of the box.

joshmv

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
Running into all sorts of issues. It definitely feels like an early beta version.

I've been using apple products only for over a decade and I'm shocked by how bad ios8 is right now.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Unfortunately the hard reset did not fix it forever. It was fine for about a day and just now I was laying down watching a video and could not pause it as touching the screen did nothing.

Very, very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.