iPhone 6 Plus Landscape Glitch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canadianpj, Sep 21, 2014.

1. canadianpj macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2008
    Sometimes, not all the time, when I turn my iPhone 6 Plus into landscape mode I cannot use anything on the screen. Changing back to vertical everything works fine.

Not all the time, but again if a lot of others are having the same problem this is just another weird software glitch.
  2. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm having the same issue too on my iP6 (non plus). Hope it's software related and there's a fix on the way.
  3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

Jun 19, 2007
    mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
  4. canadianpj thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2008
    I think we'll see a 8.0.1 pretty soon and then a 8.0.2 not to long after. Depending when the cut off for the 0.1 fixes was.
  5. heelsbigc macrumors member

Jan 13, 2011
    Short Pump, Va
    Same here. I'm also seeing my 6+ " stick". in one orientation or the other.
  6. iososx macrumors 6502a

Aug 23, 2014
    Mine does it frequently, just a normal failed glitch caused by buggy software. Apple will get around to fixing it. I can live with it.
  7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Aug 8, 2002
    On my wife's 6, sometimes in landscape scrolling in Safari doesn't work or is intermittent. Portrait works fine. (Waiting for my 6+ to check this...)
  8. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

Jul 18, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Same here. Especially on non-optimized blown up apps (I'm looking at you Facebook)
  9. canadianpj thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2008
    Found a suggestion that this is possibly related to one of 2 scenarios. The fixes are several and I'm hoping the first one works for me as it has others.

Solution #1: Disable reachability then hard reset the phone.
    Solution #2: Setup the phone as new. The problem may be with something in the restore.

I really do not want to do Solution #2 if I can help it.
  10. hNicolas macrumors 6502

Dec 4, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    Presently no problems at all here but yesterday when I tried to open settings in landscape mode settings app would just crash. Today it's fine:rolleyes:

Just a little initial OS release bug!

Speaking of landscape mode, I'm a little disappointed that not all of Apple's stock apps switch to landscape.
  11. lulla01 macrumors 68020

Jul 13, 2007
    There are tons of bugs with iOS 8, feels like a beta build
  12. JoshS macrumors member

Sep 22, 2012
    I'm having the same issue on my 6+ where the screen is pretty much unresponsive. Has happened 3-4 times since Friday.

Another issue I think is related is the orientation stops changing. All of a sudden switching from portrait to landscape and back the screen doesn't rotate. I've had to reboot the phone to fix it twice.

I set up my phone as new and didn't restore from backup out of the box.
  13. joshmv macrumors member

May 14, 2007
    Running into all sorts of issues. It definitely feels like an early beta version.

I've been using apple products only for over a decade and I'm shocked by how bad ios8 is right now.
  14. canadianpj thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2008
    Unfortunately the hard reset did not fix it forever. It was fine for about a day and just now I was laying down watching a video and could not pause it as touching the screen did nothing.

Very, very annoying.