iPhone 6 plus launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueGoldAce, Sep 12, 2014.

1. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

What do you guys think the likely hood of finding an iPhone 6 plus on launch day? It appears the six will have ample supply. How early would one want to arrive at the store?

2. justin216 macrumors 6502

justin216

Posted this in another thread, but it boils down to your city/area. If you're going to a carrier store, how popular is that carrier in your area?

You could always call the store the night before and try to feel them out. Given this is a new design and carriers are reporting higher sales figures, I'd recommend 30-60 minutes before open.

3. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Zip. Nada. Zilch.

4. BlueGoldAce thread starter macrumors 68000

Reasoning?

5. kilcher, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Because pre-orders placed earlier today are already pushed to the end of November (hopefully it won't actually take that long).

Because there were numerous reports of the 6+ production being delayed quite a bit.

Because I have a feeling this is the gold iPhone all over again.

If you go to an Apple Store there may be some. Anywhere else, I say no chance. I'm so sure of it I'm not going next Friday and I'll just hope my pre-order gets bumped up from its current mid-October shipment.

Obviously no one knows for sure. If I'm wrong and you pick one up next Friday you can come back and gloat about how much you love it and how wrong I was. :)

6. BlueGoldAce thread starter macrumors 68000

Nah.... No gloating I appreciate the response.

Honesty my six plus is estimated to be delivered between Oct 1-7...so I am not frantic.

I actually have an iphone 6 being delivered on launch day. I just plan on trying out the six for about ten days, and then comparing it the plus. Then I'll pick one. I'm 90 percent sure I want the plus... But I guess this way I'll be sure.

I was just curious.

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Even if preorders run out of iPhone 6 Plus, they'll still have stock at Apple stores - the carriers get 2nd pick at this.

But.... even the APple stores will only have what they're shipped, and it's likely there will be more iPhone 6's than iPhone 6 Plus.

And scalper's will love the high end iPhone 6 Plus phones - as those buying have money, and with the scarcity, could mean that you need to be early in the queue. Depends on teh stock levels at the stores - you can already see that the level of preorders is more than previous years.

If you want to go on launch day and not queue up the evening before, you're much better off likely queueing at a carrier store and getting one there and getting a contract if they get stock on launch day.