Iphone 6 plus - light leak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fyun89, Oct 3, 2014.

1. fyun89 macrumors 6502

Hi. Just had to join the forum to see if anyone else is having this problem.
    YES, I did search on the forum but I wasn't able to find a thread that talks about this problem. I did find a thread about "iPhone 6 & 6 plus problem" but it was way too broad. So I created this thread.

Anyways, the problem is when I have the screen brightness at around 1/4 of the slider and view a full screen pic of solid GREY color image, I see 1/8 of the bottom left portion of the screen (based on the vertical perspective) being little brighter than the rest of the screen. Strange thing is that its harder to see with all black screen. Its not very significant, but it is noticeable and I'm afraid it may grow. I did not see this before when I first unboxed the phone. I am technically inclined and I know that LCD displays have this issue. But this is a bit more apparent than the usually acceptable level.

Anyone else have this "display-gate"?

I've had display problem with almost all of my Apple products... (e.g. Macbook pro retina 2012)

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You must be the unluckiest person in the world.

Or...

3. fyun89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Probably consequence of being always an early adapter :(...

But they always fixed it for me though.

4. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I've also had display problems with just about every Apple product I've owned. No screen will ever be perfect, especially on uniformity, but Apple seems to put uniformity at a lower priority than other attributes of their displays compared to other manufacturers.

You're just going to have to exchange it til you get a very good unit, or choose to settle at some point.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

6. fyun89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wanna know why I don't use Windows?

BILLGATE!!

7. CupertinoSlave macrumors regular

CupertinoSlave

ALL iPhone 6 and 6 plus's have this, look at comparison videos on youtube you will see it too

8. fyun89 thread starter macrumors 6502

You mean ALL iPhone 6 & 6 plus have MORE bright area on the BOTTOM LEFT corner? I dont recognize this... This isnt acceptable whatsoever.

9. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Antenna-gate, Bent-gate, Flicker-gate...

This has all got to be some secret subliminal messaging from Microsoft by putting Bill Gates's last name embedded into the suffixes into all these labels...

10. cababah macrumors 68000

Link at least one of them please. I've warched several and haven't seen this.

Has nothing to do with Bill Gates. The "-gate" terms come from the famous watergate scandal during nixon's presidency.

11. Bahroo macrumors 68000

What are you talking about? There isn't too much "perfect Apple displays" out there in the wild, but Apple's displays have been known to be usually the best with uniformity for LCD, next to OLED(OLED obviously being alot better here with this but best LCD uniformity

12. kalebnate macrumors 6502

Dude don't even try here .. People such as ZBoater will just imply that this is your fault for being too picky or trying to get your money's worth from the phone. You must shut up and have the phone the way it is no matter the defects, you must deny the fact that your phone has defects, otherwise you will be shunted in this forum.

Apple is life, iPhone is best, Apple is love - Macrumours.