iPhone 6 Plus Light leakage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonnwhite, Sep 30, 2014.

1. jonnwhite, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

jonnwhite macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, new here so sorry if i put it in the wrong place! I have an iPhone 6 Plus which i picked up on 25th sept, set it all up and started using it and then a couple of days later i noticed above the touch id there was a brighter spot than the rest of the screen so i restarted tried all different things however it is still there. is there anyone else thats had this issue?

If it put the screen brightness on the lowest its very visible i don't want to take it to apple and them give me a refurbished phone (i know there is almost 0% as its been out under 2 weeks) i also don't want to go there and them say there is nothing wrong. My iPhone 5 screen was perfect and i had no trouble with it. i can't seem to get a good picture ill get my friend to take one of it with his phone.

Thanks

Jonathan

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Even if you do get a replacement unit, as of now it's way too early for them to hand out refurbs, so they will replace it with a brand new device only. They do keep a separate stock for replacement purposes.

If the apple store has some in stock, you can do a return/exchange process. That's what I did yesterday. Got my iPhone 6 Plus on launch day, and waited till Apple store had them in stock. Yesterday it became available and went ahead and got it exchanged. So far everything is perfect.

3. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Open in fullscreen a black background while taking the shot.
    Chances are they'll give you a new phone at this point. And if you are so unlucky to get another unit you're not satisfied with, just ask for another one.
    You are within your return window, do keep this in mind.

4. jonnwhite thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay great! I'll try and get a picture for you all later. If I wanted to return it if have to go through my carrier :( and they are terrible with that sort of thing!

I'll get a picture some time today for you.

Thanks
    Jon

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

So if you purchased it at your carrier retail, then you would have to return it at the store you got it from. IF that is the case then going through the genius bar for a replacement is better way to go.