iPhone 6 Plus Longevity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Apr 10, 2016.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

If someone was to purchase an iP6 Plus today, is it likely it will still be usable, i.e. fairly fast, support updates etc in the next 1.5-2years?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The 4S has pretty much just expired for most folks, and it came out in 2011.

The 5S, while not a fleet-footed as it once was, is still a good phone, and it came out in 2013.

It just depends on how you define "fairly fast," etc.

The only issue with the 6+ is that 1GB of RAM pushing that huge screen. It did have lag/latency issues from the get-go.

3. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

My 6+ runs good for the most part, although the battery life has taken a hit. Not as good as it used to be on 9.2, but there's also normal W&T on it as well. 362 cycles.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say so, my plus was working fine, I just wanted a smaller phone. My wife's 6 plus is working great and its almost 2 years old

5. ipaqowner macrumors member

Not on my 6+
    I find it as speedy as the day I bought it 10 months ago.
    It's the fastest and has the best battery life of any iPhone I've owned.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sure. Depending on your usage you might have to get a battery case after 2 years, but as far as usability 2 years is nothing for an iPhone, and remember it's a phone not a full fledged computer.

That said, if your current phone isn't totally giving you fits you might want to wait for the 7 this fall. I know it seems like a long way away but it's already mid-April.