iPhone 6 Plus Mail Can't Sync with Microsoft Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geomar7, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Geomar7 macrumors newbie

Geomar7

Two days now I have the following problem.

I have an Exchange Microsoft Account for my mail, contacts, calendar and notes. The last two days I can't receive new emails to inbox on my iPhone and on my iPad (iPad Air) device. The funny (frustrating) thing is that contacts, calendar and notes are working perfectly. In addition previous emails that I have them stored in folders are also synced and fetched to devices.
    The big problem is that as soon as I receive new email in my inbox it is not fetched to my device automatically, manually refresh is also not fetching anything, it is like I have no emails in my inbox. However when I sign in through my explorer I can see all inbox with all past and current emails.

I should also add that all was working perfectly for 4 years now.

Now what I already tried is the following:
    I reset all network settings removed exchange account and install all from the beginning with no result :(.

Can anyone help me resolve the problem?

2. Geomar7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Geomar7

3. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Honestly, if you use exchange, I'd give the Outlook app a try. It looks great and is very functional too, at least for the little bit of time I have used it. Push notifications are also very reliable.

Here is the app store link if you want to check it out.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596?mt=8

Caveat: The bad thing with this app is that it does not integrate very well with the native iPhone apps. But the data syncing works fairly quickly. Also, a pro to this is that if your employer uses exchange for your work account, its a great way to keep your personal information separate from work information.

4. Geomar7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Geomar7

Thank you for your answer, actually this is what I am trying at the moment. It's true that it is a very nice app and everything syncs great but the disadvantage is that it does not integrate very well with the native iPhone apps as you correctly mentioned.
    I just can't understand why this is happening since mail app was working perfectly for so long...
    I m just hopping it will work normally again since it is a major advantage to see all emails in only one folder.

5. posguy99 macrumors 6502

You of course wouldn't ever want to actually ask the Exchange administrator.

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

7. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

Are you on a corporate Exchange server? If so, have you checked with your IT department/network administrator to see if there are any outages or other issues?

If you have an Exchange account through Office 365 or similar, I would check with them to troubleshoot the issue.

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

As suggested above, contact your admin and/or hosting provider, if applicable. Try removing and adding the account. It's impossible to tell based on your post if the issue is with your device or your Exchange environment.

9. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

If all other apps are working ok and you can sync contacts and calendar without any issues, then I would suggest two things that helped me with similar issues on my Plus:
    • Go into the push settings, disable push mode and enable manual mode. Wait a couple of minutes. Now go back and re-enable push mode for the Exchange account.
    • Go into the Exchange account settings and retype your password. It should get verified. After that you should be getting push notifications..