iphone 6 plus missing features

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tritron, Oct 12, 2014.

1. tritron macrumors regular

What feature is the iphone 6 plus missing in your opinion? I think it should had more ram like 3 or 4 gb and quad core cpu 2.5 ghz. Also having projected laser keyboard would be nice and projector. It would be very cool to play games on projected screen with infra red keyboard. Maybe getting kinetics.

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Quad core and 4gb ram?. What is it you're trying to do on the iPhone that you think needs that much speed and power?

3. tritron thread starter macrumors regular

I think apple should turn it into gaming device or personal computer. Project screen an show presentations do word processing. Gaming would be realy cool

4. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

For me and for others with some slight eyesight problems, its a hassle to have to put on glasses to read the menus (as example within Music). Apple provides some work around for some screens but the reality is that Apple insists on its form over function crap.

There is zero reason Apple can't provide options that make sense for larger icons and more importantly the text titles under them.

Example - offer 3x4 matrix of icons on tops screens as well as the typical 4x5 (and more for 6+).
    Example - offer larger icons on the bottom of the Music section via less choices on the first screen.

While this seems for some trivial, for the rest of us it is not and certainly Apple needs to know that several people have given up on both iPhone and iPad (one Apple Store employee told me that 7 people returned their iPads because of challenges reading the tiny text on those menu screens above in just one weekend).

I like both the iPhone and iPad but Apple throws a blind eye to those of us with less than perfect vision.

5. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Is this a troll thread? A built-in projector would add a considerable amount of bulk for a lightbulb that generates a sufficient amount of light, optics for image enlargement, and a battery to supply a usable amount of power.

Perhaps the latest smartphone with a built in projector to be released was the Samsung Galaxy Beam 2. At this point, smartphones with built in projectors are still very much a niche product. Most people will not use the projectors because in most situations you're using a smartphone, you don't have a flat surface on which to project an image. Even then, these phones are intended to have the projectors on in a dark room.

Not saying a built-in projector is impossible, but it's not ready for prime time. In a few years, technology may have advanced far enough that their incorporation is more commonplace, but it's not mature enough for Apple to adopt. Such devices are also only found in companies that have an extensive, differentiated lineup like Samsung. It doesn't fit in with Apple's strategy to release a niche device like this.

6. tritron thread starter macrumors regular

No troll newbie yes. There are many phones with build in projector Samsung Galaxy Beam comes to mind. I know that biggest selling point of large phones especially in Asia is replacement for pc. I think combining gaming work into a phone is the wave of the feature. Can you image taking your phone on a trip and using it as projector for itunes movies tv shows for entertainment?

7. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I would rather see an iPad do this type of work. The phone needs to be a phone. If you keep making a larger screen with it and then you start adding those kind of features with it to project on the screen you might as well have an iPad.

8. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I wouldn't say there are a lot of them. Most of the offerings have been from Samsung, and they are even rarer still outside of the East Asian market. I can imagine this happening in the future, but in response to the question of the iPhone 6 Plus having such features, I don't think so. I think it would be a reasonable feature to have on perhaps the iPhone 10 or 14.

9. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

Why not 11GB RAM? 7-Core CPU? 6.2GHz! GO BIG OR GO HOME!

10. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Lets see now. Quad core and 4 GB of memory ? More costly that you would not be able to afford it. Did you even give that some thought ? People around here just want 2 GB of memory, and you want 4 GB.

11. tritron thread starter macrumors regular

12. dfran1 macrumors regular

13. davewolfs macrumors regular