iPhone 6 Plus model: A1524 has all the LTE bands

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hohohong, Sep 9, 2014.

1. hohohong macrumors 6502

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

I plan to use this in China and A1524 comes with China's LTE band. T-Mobile, Verizon and ATT version doesn't support China's LTE band.

It seems like 6+ model: A1524 has all the LTE band that A1522 GSM version plus more.

And only C Spire, Sprint & US Cellular has A1524.

Can I buy from Sprint outright, paying full unlocked price without signing into contract? Are Sprint iPhones always unlocked?

2. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

I just notice:

GSM version:
    LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29)

Asian version:
    FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29)

Are there any difference between LTE and FDD-LTE?

I play to use this for Fido (uses the same frequency at AT&T) mostly. I do travel Asia few times a year.

3. ineel macrumors regular

No, all sprint iPhones are and will be locked. They do not unlock unless you've had the phone for a minimum for 2 years with their service. Just get the iPhone from the country you are going to.

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

LTE alone generally refers to Frequency Division Duplex LTE (FDD LTE) and sometimes encompasses Time Division Duplex LTE (TD-LTE). So if I were refering to LTE in only the frequency division duplex version I might specify FDD LTE and if I were talking about TD-LTE I would specify it by saying TD-LTE. Either way both versions support all needed US and Canadian LTE frequencies bands with the exception of Sprint's TD-LTE but they use a different model phone. If you were to get the asia model with TD-LTE bands + all the others you'd be covered globally for sure.

5. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

So, Sprint iPhone 6+ will cover me in US and Asia?

If I pay the full amount for the Sprint 6+, will it be unlocked?

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Don't count on it. Sprint is using all excuses they can (and making up excuses if they don't have one) to stop unlocking. They're not forced to offer unlocks for phones manufactured before 2015.

7. Enrico macrumors 6502

Enrico

I don't understand why even though the US AT&T/T-MO model has all the EU LTE bands, it still can't be used with European carriers???