iPhone 6 Plus Needs Hard Reset

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wonderboynj, Jul 30, 2015.

1. wonderboynj macrumors member

I have an iPhone 6+ (running IOS 9) and I go to sleep every night using the Nature Sound app to lull me to sleep. I have about a 2 hour and 5 minute playlist of various sounds that it cycles through.

The past two mornings, my iphone has been "dead" meaning I have to do a hard reset to get it to respond, which of course means that my alarm doesn't go off in the morning.

The battery is fine and once I get it to reset it shows up at 100% since the phone is plugged in overnight.

Luckily my cats still wake me up early enough that I haven't been late to work but still, frustrating!

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Your phone shouldn't be plugged in overnight....

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Why?

I plug my iPhone and iPad in every night at bedtime and unplug them for the day in the mornings. I've been doing that many years and I have never had any problems with that.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Do you have any data sources to back that up that I could read?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

It certainly doesn't, as many battery information sources can back up.

7. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

OK, I don't mind if you don't want to believe it..... from my experience with many iphones, it does...not my iphones though :) I never do that. But it's a free world, isn't it :)

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

From practical experience of many many others and simple technological and physical reality of how iPhones and their chargers work it would appear to be otherwise.