iPhone 6 Plus on T-Mobile Jump! On Demand

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing a lot of research and I plan on doing the iPhone Upgrade program which seems to be the same as the Jump! On Demand program.

I'm going to be trading in my current smartphone ($200 credit) to lease the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus. The rep told me that it would cost $199 for the 128GB option and my plan would add $19 a month (for 18 months) so I could lease the phone.

My questions are...

1) When the iPhone 6s Plus comes out next month will I be able to upgrade to it for the same deal at $19 per month without having to pay $199 again?

2) How long will I have the $19 per month locked in for? In 18 months could this monthly payment change or will I be locked in at the rate of $19 per month for every iPhone Plus that comes out in the future?

3) What happens when my 18-month lease is up? Do I have to buy it at full cost or return it? Or can I just swap it out for another phone and continue with my $19 per month plan?

2. uwdude macrumors 6502a

I just signed up for this plan, so I will answer what I can.

1) This is the question everybody has, and we don't know the answer yet. We may not know until people actually try to do the upgrade next month. You will be able to keep the $19 per month per what John Legere said, but we don't know about the additional $199 yet.

2) The $19 rate will be locked in for 18 months from the time you upgrade to the 6S Plus. Then after that who knows whether they will keep the promotion going or what.

3) When your lease is up, you have two choices. You can turn your phone back in, in which case then you can either start a new lease or just walk away. Or you can purchase the phone for the payoff amount, currently on mine it was listed as $191. And then you have the same choices of starting another new lease or walking away.

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Thanks. Which storage option did you choose?

I talked to a rep and he said my payoff would be $212.52.

He also said there's an internal memo that says the following -

"If customers already paid a down payment they do not have to pay it when they upgrade to the next generation iPhone."

Only if upgrading to a higher storage option, they would have to pay the difference.